Have I found an eBay bargain ?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Have I found an eBay bargain ?

Post by Jonttt »

I have a large collection of model Z3 roadsters, Z3m roadsters, Z3m coupes and Z8's but I've never been able to find a decent Z1 model.

So imagine my delight when an OEM BMW (Minichamps) model came up on eBay, untouched in its original box :shock:

With the Z3m's the OEM models attract quite a premium with coupes in particular regularly seeing £80 at auction.

So I prepared to pay quite a bit for this but...........I was the only bidder and got it for £10 :D

I know how rare these are on eBay (ie I've never seen one in 2 years) so gotta be worth a lot more than I paid for it?

Anyone got one, how much were they originally from BMW (20 years ago) and what do you think its worth? (ps I won't be selling it as its taking pride of place in my collection).

ps yes the doors work and drop into the sills, bonnet and boot open as well :wink:

Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Jet

blank

Re: Have I found an eBay bargain ?

Post by Jet »

Jonttt wrote:I have a large collection of model Z3 roadsters, Z3m roadsters, Z3m coupes and Z8's but I've never been able to find a decent Z1 model.

So imagine my delight when an OEM BMW (Minichamps) model came up on eBay, untouched in its original box :shock:

With the Z3m's the OEM models attract quite a premium with coupes in particular regularly seeing £80 at auction.

So I prepared to pay quite a bit for this but...........I was the only bidder and got it for £10 :D

I know how rare these are on eBay (ie I've never seen one in 2 years) so gotta be worth a lot more than I paid for it?

Anyone got one, how much were they originally from BMW (20 years ago) and what do you think its worth? (ps I won't be selling it as its taking pride of place in my collection).

ps yes the doors work and drop into the sills, bonnet and boot open as well :wink:
By the tyre marking, I think you will find these are Shabak, not minichamps. Not sure about the value, id be surprised if they were that much though, there are not enough UK owners to generate a bidding war unfortunately, I have 4 of these and all bought for around that price, but your welcome to buy mine for £80ea :D

Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Rp
Last edited by Jet on Fri 25 Feb, 2011 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Racing Tortoise »

Yup, Schabak 1/24 scale. I have a black one with yellow interior which I've had for at least 20 years and is a little patinated these days! It sits on a shelf in the garage alongside the real thing.
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Thanks for confirming guys.

Makes sense as its not the same quality as the OEM Z3 models ;-)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

Hey Jonttt,

They are only authentic Z1 models if the doors drop into the cills with a loud 'clunk' never to be seen again ! :D

Only kidding.

I've just taxed mine at £205 - a model is beginning to look the smart choice with the weather we are having. :(
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Jonttt wrote:Thanks for confirming guys.

Makes sense as its not the same quality as the OEM Z3 models ;-)
If its quality your after, then get the 1:18 Minichamps, they cost about £50, but they dont get any better than that.
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

I'm with you on that Jet. But they haven't done one in Top Red yet! I also have some of these which have been detailed e.g. Schnitzer wheels etc. How sad is that?

pat
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Pat Slade wrote:I'm with you on that Jet. But they haven't done one in Top Red yet! I also have some of these which have been detailed e.g. Schnitzer wheels etc. How sad is that?

pat
Pat, minichamps detailing? any chance of some pictures? where did you get the AC wheels? Been after a set of them for ages.
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Racing Tortoise wrote:Yup, Schabak 1/24 scale. I have a black one with yellow interior which I've had for at least 20 years and is a little patinated these days! It sits on a shelf in the garage alongside the real thing.
That must be a really big shelf!!!!! :D
bluejay

Z1 roadster

Post by bluejay »

I have a green radio controlled Z1!!!

Never seen one again!!
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

bluejay wrote:I have a green radio controlled Z1!!!

Never seen one again!!
I've never seen one, so how about you changing that with some pic's :?: :)
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!