Approved Used Z1s

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Approved Used Z1s

Post by Racing Tortoise »

Somewhat surprised to discover two Z1s (at the same London dealer) currently being offered under BMW's Approved Used Scheme!

This one has just 8,900 miles recorded and is one of the few cars I've ever seen where the nubuck still looks dark grey:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bmwauc/detai ... FMMDAzNzU=

This one has a more normal albeit still low mileage and is cheaper:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bmwauc/detai ... FMMDIxMjk=
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
sandy430

Not specified

Post by sandy430 »

I wonder if they represent a bargain considering how much it would cost to get a rattier car in to that sort of condition?
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Possibly although Z1s are only really big money to fix if the bodywork is ratty. I like the idea of still being able to buy a one-owner, low-mileage approved used Z1 but:

(i) use will gradually erode the value as the mileage increases and you'll need to garage it to maintain the condition; and

(ii) it needs to be a "buy and hold" investment as for now at any rate Z1s are an absolute sod to sell on as market demand for them in the UK is tiny which knocks prices.

Having said that, prices of very low-mileage low-owner Z1s are much stronger on the continent, so £30k doesn't sound OTT.

My main personal beef with those two is that they would have to be Top Red. With all due respect to the many red Z1 owners on here, personally I am not over-keen on red as a colour for Z1s - makes them look very '80s. It beats Fun Yellow and Magic Violet, both of which I couldn't ever own, but for me the good colours are Primeval Green, Dream Black and Pure Blue.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Hexagon do seem to stock the more unusual BMW i.e Z1/Z8. Probably always have at a price.
Coincidentally my car was sold by them to its 2nd owner in 1995 the car still sports the Hexagon tax disc & Hexagon name in the number plates to this day.
I also have in my history file, the bill of sale at the time i.e 1995 showing them as a BMW & Suzuki dealer (albeit at different locations but both in Highgate N6) Who would have thought that of them today...Beemers and Suzuki cars from Hexagon :shock:

GG
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster