At what point does it become cheating....

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

.... just looking, secretly lusting or physical contact?

Last edited by Jet on Thu 01 Sep, 2011 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
benslick

blank.gif

Hmm

Post by benslick »

When you have the money, you can do what ever you want!

It's only cheating if you get caught! :D
Benslick
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Probably just as well, because when it comes to cars, im financially poor, but morally rich :bawl:

I have seen a few SL`s like thes over the summer and cant stop dreaming about them, that is one sexy looking car.
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

It looks like something a big blonde actress would drive :wink:
benslick

blank.gif

Jet

Post by benslick »

That's why it's perfect for jet! :lol: To be fair it is a lovely looking car...

I prefer the Z8 i'm currently driving!
Benslick
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Re: Jet

Post by Green Genie »

benslick wrote:That's why it's perfect for jet! :lol: To be fair it is a lovely looking car...

I prefer the Z8 i'm currently driving!

.... just looking, secretly lusting or physical contact?

I reckon driving a Z8 ticks all those boxes...what's it like Ben do tell (as for me I still prefer the Z1 shape) but that engine must put a smile on anyone's face 8-)

Jet for me to cheat it would have to be a Jaguar series 1 E Type...sadly on checking prices it's gonna remain a dream :( the Merc. is also very nice.
benslick

blank.gif

Z8

Post by benslick »

It's compleatly different to a Z1, it's a big cruiser really, a very powerfull boat! But very sexy and sylish in an fashioned way... It's not actually my car, at least yet! It's mine while my Z1 is being fixed.

You don't get the same compliments that the Z1 gets, people are more unfriendly I guess! All I need is a Cuban Cigar and I would look like a right fat cat! Also I always get the feeling i'm going to ding it when parking, it's a little too big for me..

Apart from the above it's very cool, I'll take some pics when I have time..
Benslick
Jet

blank

Re: z

Post by Jet »

hornel Z3M wrote:It looks like something a big blonde actress would drive :wink:
Says the bloke driving a Z3 :D

How about this one then, another on my wishlist, what does this remind you of Welsh Horny one?

GG, was it you who had a corvette, or maybe Scorpion?

Jet

blank

Re: Z8

Post by Jet »

benslick wrote:It's not actually my car, at least yet! It's mine while my Z1 is being fixed
Now I know what `Slick` in Benslick stands for, I dont know how you managed to sweet talk this deal, but thats a great car straight from the Sub Zero wall, nice.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Re: Z8

Post by Green Genie »

Jet wrote:
benslick wrote:It's not actually my car, at least yet! It's mine while my Z1 is being fixed
Now I know what `Slick` in Benslick stands for, I dont know how you managed to sweet talk this deal, but thats a great car straight from the Sub Zero wall, nice.
That Z8 sure is some courtesy car :D

Jet...it wasn't me with the Corvette
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Jamal,

These really are a very good car, if you can find one that has been property restored or in excellent original condition. They are not immune from serious structural rust. The UK guru for these cars is Roger Edwards in Amersham. A pre purchase inspection is a must.

The W113 230/ 250/ 280 Pagoda series are nearly all automatic transmission. Just 882 5 peed ZF manual gearboxes from production of almost 50,000. The 250 SL was available with a 4 speed manual.

If you are tempted you need to get the definitive book on the SL "Original Merceds SL - The restorers Guide to SL models to 1971" by Laurence Meredith. This was one of a series of superb hardback books published by Bayview before they sold out and went all american. Each book was 19.99, some are now 500 each. I have the complete non US hardback set.

The cars below appear to be part of an Irish collection - so probably now owned by NAMA !

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/3mf.htm

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/3hr.htm

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/46f.htm
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Jamal,

These really are a very good car, if you can find one that has been property restored or in excellent original condition. They are not immune from serious structural rust. The UK guru for these cars is Roger Edwards in Amersham. A pre purchase inspection is a must.

The W113 230/ 250/ 280 Pagoda series are nearly all automatic transmission. Just 882 5 peed ZF manual gearboxes from production of almost 50,000. The 250 SL was available with a 4 speed manual.

If you are tempted you need to get the definitive book on the SL "Original Merceds SL - The restorers Guide to SL models to 1971" by Laurence Meredith. This was one of a series of superb hardback books published by Bayview before they sold out and went all american. Each book was 19.99, some are now 500 each. I have the complete non US hardback set.

The cars below appear to be part of an Irish collection - so probably now owned by NAMA !

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/3mf.htm

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/3hr.htm

http://www.thehairpincompany.co.uk/46f.htm
SCORPION
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Re: z

Post by SCORPION »

Jet wrote:
hornel Z3M wrote:It looks like something a big blonde actress would drive :wink:
Says the bloke driving a Z3 :D

How about this one then, another on my wishlist, what does this remind you of Welsh Horny one?

GG, was it you who had a corvette, or maybe Scorpion?

ME ! :lol: