French Z1 Club : meeting in Burgundy, 11-12 september

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
F.Brossaud

Z1 roadster

French Z1 Club : meeting in Burgundy, 11-12 september

Post by F.Brossaud »

Hello,

We organized a meeting last month in Burgundy. We gathered 19 cars. It's not much compared to germany, but that's not too bad for France 8-) Anyway, we had a car from belgium and another one from Switzerland.

We spent a whole week end driving on nice roads, tasting wine and eating nice french food :P

It's me in the red one at the front :dunce:

Black car fitted with Wiesmann hardtop

Visiting some ruins on Burgundy country

We'll organise our big annual meeting at the beginning of june 2005, in Rodez area (roughly between Montpellier and Clermond Ferrand, you can have a look at www.viamichelin.fr, city is "RODEZ", zipcode "12000"). We expect to gather 25 to 30 cars, mainly from France but also from other countries.

If you are not scared to drive through "Frog country" :mrgreen: we would be pleased to have some english owners. We could also help you to arrange your trip. Let me know if you are interested.

Frédéric
Nik Rite
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Nice one!

Post by Nik Rite »

Dear Fred you're all welcome over here. I go to France often. I'll be in contact. NIK
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Fred

I've added the Jun'05 event to the calendar and hope it encourages some UK Z1 presence.

Tim
Nik Rite
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Been awake all night !

Post by Nik Rite »

Fred love those pics. That Weisman hard top really looks the part.I understand the quality of the roof is excellent. If you ever know of one for sale will you please contact me..... EVER!Love to meet the Frog Z1's some time. keep reading the board and I like your additional postings.
also fred i was wondering about changing the antifreeze myself. I cant believe its difficult. Have you any tips or ideas?? regards nik
my sister in law lives in Morsang(? spelling) just south west of paris anywhere near you????
Nik Rite
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Cant find calender

Post by Nik Rite »

Hi Tim can you give me address of the French calender Fred was talking about? Nik
F.Brossaud

Z1 roadster

Re: Been awake all night !

Post by F.Brossaud »

Hello,
Nik Rite wrote:Fred love those pics. That Weisman hard top really looks the part.I understand the quality of the roof is excellent. If you ever know of one for sale will you please contact me..... EVER!
The owner plan to sell this one because he would like to have one with leather inside instead of "polster" (in guess it's the right word). Il will let you know as soon as I get more information. But don't forget the monting brackets ! Anywhere you go to buy a used hardtop, you will need the mounting bracket to fit it on the car, and bring it back home.
Love to meet the Frog Z1's some time. keep reading the board and I like your additional postings.
Meeting will be the 4th an 5 of June, it will not move because we already book a complete hotel for accomodation. Meeting point the saturday morning will be in the Rodez area, you can find it on www.viamichelin.com, city is "Rodez" and zip code is "12000"
also fred i was wondering about changing the antifreeze myself. I cant believe its difficult. Have you any tips or ideas?? regards nik
It's not difficilt, I did it several times... every 2 or 3 years. You need to have some equipment to work under the car, to reach the engine drain plug on the engine block. Just buy any maintenanc book like Haynes for E30 and it will be help you a lot. Best manual est Bentley !
[/quote]
my sister in law lives in Morsang(? spelling) just south west of paris anywhere near you????
I don't know this city, anyway I am living in the south of France, but our President lives close to Paris, If you come to France, just let us know and he would be happy to meet you.

Regards

Frederic