Window not lifting fully

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Window not lifting fully

Post by BBZ149 »

Got in the car last week and noticed when I closed the driver’s window it was sticking out from the front rubber a bit, so wound it down and up and seems fine now.
Anyway had my roof fitted and noticed a lot of wind noise while driving down the motorway but the strange thing is there was no noise when I collected the car! Is there an adjustment to raise the glass by about 2-3 mm? as there is a gap at the top of the window and a bit on the front seal
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
felix

Z1 roadster

Re: Window not lifting fully

Post by felix »

Isn't there some trick about resetting the door controllers? Pull the fuses and leave them out and then raise the doors? Seem to recall something along those lines from Michael.
a1z1

Z1 roadster

Post by a1z1 »

Terry,
Does the window work correctly with hood down.? As the hood has been changed i would think that it is binding in the hood track. Have you loosened the fixings for the hood hinge, it has horse shoe shims that are the same as used on the door mechanism fixing points. You could also try lubricating the window channel.

There is an adjustment screw on the window mechanism,its behind the lower side panels. But i think that only adjusts open window height.

Ivor
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

felix wrote:Isn't there some trick about resetting the door controllers? Pull the fuses and leave them out and then raise the doors? Seem to recall something along those lines from Michael.
Cheers Felix, ill take a look for it.

Hi Ivor, if I lower the roof and compare the glass to the passenger side the driver side looks lower! What’s strange is before I had the roof fitted I noticed one morning that the glass was sticking out slightly as if it had come off a runner but has been fine sinc.

If I wind the window up and push the glass up from the outside it seems much better
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

a1z1 wrote:Terry,
Does the window work correctly with hood down.? As the hood has been changed i would think that it is binding in the hood track. Have you loosened the fixings for the hood hinge, it has horse shoe shims that are the same as used on the door mechanism fixing points. You could also try lubricating the window channel.

There is an adjustment screw on the window mechanism,its behind the lower side panels. But i think that only adjusts open window height.

Ivor

The adjustment screw will allow the window height to be adjusted, unscrewing it will adjust the window up, this is not an electrical sensor but the screw strikes a metal plate stopping the window in the correct position the sensors built into the motor then senses a strain on the motor and switches off.

But only adjust the screw a small amount at a time as if over adusted may allow the window to damage to the rubber seals.
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8