Winter Zzzz

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Jet

blank

Winter Zzzz

Post by Jet »

Gents!! (and The Wife), How is everybody?? Winter is coming *Groan*, getting my final drives in before the unpredictable happens. As much as I enjoyed the meets this year, I missed the driving, seeing 20 cars en-masse cruising the lanes :(
Fitted a cut-out switch yesterday, which I hope will save me a few Drachmas, replacing yet another dead battery, easier to fit than I imagined. Trust you are all well?

Next year, cruise-R-us or Im not coming! :wink:
Last edited by Jet on Fri 26 Oct, 2012 07:17, edited 4 times in total.
PCSAM

blank

Re: Winter Zzzz

Post by PCSAM »

a stunningly cool car and pics to match ......... :D
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Nice photographs

Yesterdays weather meant a last minute change of weekend plans .

An early solo drive to the airfield in the Z1, top down of course, in the air by 7.30 for a low level run around the east anglian coast , back on the ground by 9.30 and a long, non direct, drive home in the Z1 stopping at Woburn for brunch.

The sort of day perfect for the Z1.

TJS

p.s Anyone attending or displaying a car at the NEC Classic Motor Show 16th - 18th November ?
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

Jet - excellent pictures. You have an eye for the photo and obviously have the brass-neck to get your car into those places for long enough to get the snap too!
The car almost looks Dream Black in some of those lights. :D
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
F.Brossaud

Z1 roadster

Post by F.Brossaud »

Great pictures of your Z1 in London by night 8-)
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Fantastic pics. Your car looks stunning in those settings. :thumb:
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Great pics :)
ImageImage
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

TJS wrote: Yesterdays weather meant a last minute change of weekend plans .

An early solo drive to the airfield in the Z1, top down of course, in the air by 7.30 for a low level run around the east anglian coast , back on the ground by 9.30 and a long, non direct, drive home in the Z1 stopping at Woburn for brunch.
Silly question but is that Woburn, as in Woburn Abbey? Next time your there, any chance of a picture of the Z and the Abbey in the background? I can use that in one of the articles for the magazine.

Speaking of which, rear shot of DPW car in the October edition.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Thank you Gents, I have a task to get the Z in front of all the major landmarks in London, which may just get me arrested or the car confiscated.
DPW

Z1 roadster

Post by DPW »

Great pictures Jet.

I may be down in London before Christmas for a night time photography course. I will let you know and you can come posing in the Z1 for us photography students.

I saw the great picture of my car in Straight Six magazine.

Also thanks for the nice comments in your monthly Z1 column, much appreciated. Hopefully the car will be even better next year!
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Jamal,

Woburn is a 10 minute drive from home, I will see what I can do.

You have a distinct advantage when it comes to "cheeky" parking in London, no front registration plate, which means no one can identify the car or owner.

TJS
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

TJS wrote:Jamal,

You have a distinct advantage when it comes to "cheeky" parking in London, no front registration plate, which means no one can identify the car or owner.

TJS
The Z1 is the worst car in the world for anything discreet, even without a plate, everyone gawps. Darkness is my only friend.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

DPW wrote:Great pictures Jet.
I may be down in London before Christmas for a night time photography course. I will let you know and you can come posing in the Z1 for us photography students.
I saw the great picture of my car in Straight Six magazine. Also thanks for the nice comments in your monthly Z1 column, much appreciated. Hopefully the car will be even better next year!

I hope the weather is nice when you do, if the skies are clear, you can get some pretty amazing shots. What course is it, what is it for? And that big fat Canon looks nice, what Lens you using?
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Racing Tortoise »

Jet wrote:
TJS wrote:Jamal,

TJS
The Z1 is the worst car in the world for anything discreet, even without a plate, everyone gawps. Darkness is my only friend.
Indeed! That's why I figured it was ok to get my private plate when I had the option to. Normally I wouldn't have done so as I tend to think they can be a little naff and it rather loses you all anonymity, particularly mine which basically states my surname. But with the Z1, most people I know spot that it's me anyway - adding my surname on the licence plate doesn't really alter that!
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
DPW

Z1 roadster

Post by DPW »

Jet wrote:
I saw the great picture of my car in Straight Six magazine. Also thanks for the nice comments in your monthly Z1 column, much appreciated. Hopefully the car will be even better next year!

I hope the weather is nice when you do, if the skies are clear, you can get some pretty amazing shots. What course is it, what is it for? And that big fat Canon looks nice, what Lens you using?
It is a low light course at Syon House on 30th November. I have various lenses for my Canon EOS 7d, but the ones I use most are EF 24-105 mm F4 L IS and EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 L IS and the EFS 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM for very wide angle work.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

DPW wrote:
Jet wrote:

It is a low light course at Syon House on 30th November. I have various lenses for my Canon EOS 7d, but the ones I use most are EF 24-105 mm F4 L IS and EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 L IS and the EFS 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM for very wide angle work.
get yourself a nifty fifty mate... great lens for the price.... :D
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Cant get anywhere near these sites early enough, so undercover of darkness means the low light quality suffers unfortunately.
Last edited by Jet on Fri 26 Oct, 2012 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Hi Jet

Stunning pix as always or are your Photoshop skills improving? :lol:

BTW you have a PM
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Green Genie wrote:Hi Jet

Stunning pix as always or are your Photoshop skills improving? :lol:

BTW you have a PM
:D

Actually no, I am useless with editing software. Apart from Tower Bridge, it was so dark I could barely see the car, so added a little brightness, not a great shot in all honesty.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

If your not bored yet, im working on it.
Last edited by Jet on Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:59, edited 4 times in total.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

you have a great eye mate .........
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

PCSAM wrote:you have a great eye mate .........
Nice of you to say so, but not happy with them to be honest, theres something missing, just not figured out what, yet.
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

The St Paul's one is rather wonderful. The parallel lines of the bus lights contrast with the reflections of the double yellow lines on the car and the depiction of the concave are of the bonnet is really clever.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Chris, you played about with an SLR I take it?
Last edited by Jet on Thu 15 Nov, 2012 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

what kind of light box do you use in the car mate ..... you take some fantastic shots and hard to work out how you did a few of them ...... have you tried some HDR effects on top :D
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Jet, would you consider submitting some of your shots for the ZRoadster Calendar? Thread is here if you're interested. I for one would be really pleased to hang one of your light-work shots on my wall.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

PCSAM wrote:what kind of light box do you use in the car mate ..... you take some fantastic shots and hard to work out how you did a few of them ...... have you tried some HDR effects on top :D
Its just one of those old skool 12v mechanic inspection lights with a 40w soft light bulb, as it has a 180 spread and compliments the lemon interior.
HDR....interesting question, the results are amazing, but as an amateur I need to learn how to take a good shot before using enhancement techniques, so at the moment its all about playing hide and seek with security firms and police across London.
Robert T wrote:Jet, would you consider submitting some of your shots for the ZRoadster Calendar? Thread is here if you're interested. I for one would be really pleased to hang one of your light-work shots on my wall.

Cheers R.
Haha your just saying that.

But if you like, sure.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »