Hood hinge flap

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
compact

blank.gif

Hood hinge flap

Post by compact »

Hi

I have just bought a Z1 and have found that the small flap that covers the hood hinge just above the door button is missing, its the passenger side and is dark grey.

Anyone got one to sell?

Colin 07990 558851
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Re: Hood hinge flap

Post by Green Genie »

Hi compact

Welcome to the forum and good choice of car :D There is an upgraded version here:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 5EUouBT9jQ

BTW We like pics any chance you can upload some of your P&J I'm sure Jet will be very interested.
compact

blank.gif

Post by compact »

Woopee Iv just found the flap under the seat
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Green Genie wrote:Hi compact

Welcome to the forum and good choice of car :D There is an upgraded version here:

BTW We like pics any chance you can upload some of your P&J I'm sure Jet will be very interested.
Haha Genie, you make me sound really bad. tried calling you a few times, you ever switch on that mobile phone? :D

Welcome Compact, your car requires items which rarely come up, Audio, Carpet etc. Problem with the carpet is its moulded to the contours of the floorpan. I know a man who had one, not sure if he still does, will drop him an email. Also a man who is having his replaced I think, if he is, maybe you can cut and shunt the 2 together, all theory of course.

But only if you pop up some pics.
compact

blank.gif

Post by compact »

Hi
Thanks for the information about the carpet. It would be fantastic if the guy still has it as it is spoiling the car at the minute.
I only bought the car a week or so ago, it is a low owner car UK Z1 with only 24,000 miles and full history in top red. It is in really great condition other than the rotted carpet (see pics) and the hood cover, boot lid and the rear wing has been sprayed in 2 pack and looks different to the rest of the car. Would it be easy to put this back to cellulose as I believe that was the original used.
I want to get my Z1 looking like new again, so any help on the carpet and paint, would be appreciated.
Thanks.
compact

blank.gif

Post by compact »

Hi
I have tried to upload the pics but keep getting 'sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached'. Can anyone help??
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

compact wrote:I have tried to upload the pics but keep getting 'sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached'. Can anyone help??
You need to upload pictures to a photo sharing service like photobucket or flickr - full details of how to do this are here.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
compact

blank.gif

Post by compact »

HI

Still no luck with a carpet, I got BMW to do a world wide search, no luck there, I will try and put some pics on soon

thanks C
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Stoertie was the man with the Carpet, but it has ben sold, sent other contact a message, let you know if/when he replies. You can add your request to the sticky thread titled "parts" above, you never know who might see it.

One alternative is to scour carpet/upholsterer shops for a colour match, depending on the severity of the issue, cut a square around the problem, fill/layer with foam and then cover/glue in the new piece. Luckily as it is behind the seat, nobody will ever see it.
compact

blank.gif

Post by compact »

Thanks for your help Jet , I really appreciate it, C
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

compact wrote:Thanks for your help Jet , I really appreciate it, C
Dont mention it, we help each other in this miniscule part of automotive history.

Which reminds me, ever heard of Straight SIx magazine, BMWCC, membership costs £3.50/month, and you get a fabulous Magazine every month filled with excellent articles on the Z1 written by its members, for example you could write one about the joys of Carpet repair and paint restoration, not had any about that yet ....... :D