Le Mans 24Hr

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
TJS

Z1 roadster

Le Mans 24Hr

Post by TJS »

Anyone heading down to Le Mans this year for the 24hr race on 22/23 June ?

I will attending in the Z1, probably leave Thursday and travel back Monday , but flexible, opting for the tunnel rather than the high speed Portsmouth / Cherbourg "vomit comet".

TJS

p.s. happy new year
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: Le Mans 24Hr

Post by TR4man »

I went to the Classic Le Mans last year in my TR4, but will not be going to the normal Le Mans this year.

Instead this year, my son and I are going to the Spa Francorchamps Classic in late May. We are going a roundabout sort of way, calling in at Compiegne then to see the old racing circuit at Reims, then up to Spa for the weekend's racing. Can't wait.

Oh we won't be in the Zed though.

Funnily enough, there was a nice Zed next to us as we queued up at Cherbourg - wonder if it was anyone on here?

Regards

Peter
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

Tony,
Happy New Year to you and all Z-lovers!

Yes, I shall be at the 24 Heures. Not sure which car yet, but it will be German, sporty and 'Z1 or older'. Most likely Z1 as she was a little left out last year, but I'm also planning Fred's French odessy in May and so might go in the old Pork Chop instead. It may come down to how much petrol I fancy buying in 2013!

Are you looking for accommodation on-circuit with similar petrol-swilling rossbeefs? We normally have room for selected types like you - no rif-raf obviously....
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Hi Sam,

We have tickets and grandstand seats over looking the pits and car parking for Sat and Sunday.

When are you planning on traveling ? I am not overly keen on driving back to Soulbury / Daventry from Le Mans on sunday evening having gone through the weekend with minimal sleep, probably stop over Rouen / Honfleur. No accommodation arranged at the circuit yet, what have you got planned ? and do you room for another two ?

I would have joined Frederics trip but I will be in the US, so will give the Z a run to Le Mans. I did, briefly, consider the TVR ... but there would be no room for luggage once the spare parts were loaded !
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

Haven't got my tickets yet but I will be going either in my z3 or as I have done for the last 9years in my robin hood 2b(that's got less room in it that my z3)chooses,??? i have always camped in blue nord before
Peter2b
ICE C

Z1 roadster

Post by ICE C »

I will be going but not in the Z1 unfortunately.. :cry: