Z1 Pats Prices

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Z1 Pats Prices

Post by Pat Slade »

I realise that the Z1 specific parts prices from BMW will only go one way - up! But had a recent shock that I will share with you.
There are plain rubber washers under the torx bolts that fasten the lower edge of the side body panel to the floorpan.
I bought some in 2004 ( Part No. 51 11 2 290 070) for the princely sum of £0.12 pence Each ex VAT.
As they get compressed and cut over time I have always replaced them after removing the side panels.
Have a guess at the price today. They are just plain rubber washers.
How about £1.79 Each ex VAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go on now tell me about inflation! Just as well I don't need a major part - yet.
I was so shocked I got the dealer to check the price.
It may be good that one can still get parts for 25 year old cars, but I do think BMW are milking things a bit!

Happy days.
Jet

blank

Re: Z1 Pats Prices

Post by Jet »

Coincidence, I was just about to order a bunch of them, after talking to Green Genie about a leaky problem, thats a huge markup for what is as you say, just a rubber washer.
Motorhead

Z1 roadster

Re: Z1 Parts Prices

Post by Motorhead »

I just ordered a set and I must say I was glad they were available. I've got friends with old Fords and they struggle to get parts for non-current models, let alone 23 year old limited edition models. While cheap would be nice, if the choice is paying through the nose or not being able to get them, I'll take paying through the nose.
Z1 1989 # 465 of 8000
M635CSi 1989 # 480 of 524
3.0CSL 1972 # 385 of 500
Lamborghini Silhouette 1977 #26 of 52
Jet

blank

Re: Z1 Parts Prices

Post by Jet »

Thats fine for washers, but what about the seats, drivers door catch, door motor, door control units which costs thousands. There will come a point where owners will start to question whether it is worth it, we use them less for fear of getting it damaged, Insurance premium hikes due to the cost of repairs, cars worth more scrapped than roadworthy, will it affect UK resale prices?
Speaking to Renee Visser 2 weeks ago, it has had a big impact in Holland, as owners cant afford the repair bills and opt to sell instead.