Rush Movie

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
DPW

Z1 roadster

Rush Movie

Post by DPW »

As you may all be aware a movie called Rush is being released on 13th September. The movie is about the battle between James Hunt (McLaren) and Niki Lauda (Ferrari) for the 1976 Formula 1 championship.

I am organising an event for the Linc's Ferrari Owners Club to meet at Woodhall Spa and see the movie at the Kinema in the Woods on the afternoon of Saturday 21st September. I spoke to a few of the Z1 owners on the tour weekend about this event and would like to invite Z1 owners to the event as well.

There are some nice hotels and restaurants in Woodhall Spa and we are thinking of an optional meal before or after the movie. This will depend on the timings of the movie which have not been announced yet.

If you would like to come and join the Five Ferrari's that have confirmed so far let me know.

Best wishes,

Darren.
Bluebaur

Z1 roadster

Re: Rush Movie

Post by Bluebaur »

Hi Darren,

I would like to take you up on this offer and support the Z1 cause. Over the weekend I should be with the elusive local Ferrari owner and will do all I can to persuade him to attend with me. I will let you know in due course.
If I am the only Z1 attending, will that qualify as "the rose between thorns" ?

Roger
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I'm thinking of watching Rush at the pictures. Any chance of joining you?
Pingu
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Many thanks, Darren. Great food, great film, great company & I rushed to get there :wink: .
Pingu
DPW

Z1 roadster

Post by DPW »

No problem, glad you enjoyed the day.
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

Well done Darren. Needless to say I missed your post as I was busy working, but we went to see Rush last weekend. EXCELLENT film.

Buying the tickets at the multi-screen in Milton Keynes the guy behind the counter said it was great and that he'd seen it 3 times already. I blew all my street cred by saying that I remembered it for real! Hey ho - great film and very evocative of the era. I like the recent Kimi interview where he admitted that James Hunt was always his hero. No surprise really and full marks to the Kimster. In this world of PR-sculpted teenagers it is nice to hear from a man who calls a spade a spade and doesn't really care what you think about it. Roll on next year's F1.

Anyone who hasn't seen Rush needs to get out and catch it at least once.
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog