Realoem ?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
TJS

Z1 roadster

Realoem ?

Post by TJS »

It seems the Realoem web pages for the Z1 has been revamped with a number of the main groups no longer displayed, especially body and trim. !!

http://realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model ... spid=48072

I need the part numbers for the small "arrow head" shaped threaded headlight retaining washers, I noticed a couple are missing following recent professional work on the car. Also about to order a set of wheel arch liners and a nearside front sidelight indicator lens due to a stone hit yesterday while heading for Calais.

Any alternative part number / pricing sources other than BMW dealers ?

TJS
Jet

blank

Re: Realoem ?

Post by Jet »

I can see sections Bodywork and Vehicle Trim? Try using Image layout instead of text, its easier to navigate.

You mean no 15, lock plate?

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mod ... g=63&fg=05
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Many thanks J

Those are the boys, lock plates, 3 per light, assuming you still use the bracket under the light units which is tricky to access. £7.01 each from Germany.

Front plastic lens cover (with seal and two screws) is £121 ... but no longer available, you must buy the whole light unit at £271. Looks like Araldite to the rescue !

Thanks again

TJS
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

A very helpful BMW parts guy (Elms, Bedford) talked me through access to the BMW online parts site which is more upto date then Realoem.

Access details on the attached link, when logged in insert your Z1 VIN (AL0XXXX) and Robert is your fathers brother.

TJS

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/access ... logue.html
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

How bad is the crack? I have a spare somewhere, but your car is in better than new condition, so probably not up to your standard ....
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

Jamal

It is cracked vertically across 50% of the side light element. I have taped the top edge and will see what develops. I can live with it so long as it remains waterproof in the rare occasion the car is caught in the rain.

Many thanks for the offer of a spare, it's just annoying that BMW decide to group parts into sub assemblies such as the whole light unit. The price of Z1 parts from BMW has increased dramatically, i.e the door belts, which will only accelerate the models demise as damaged cars become too expensive to repair and are broken for spares.

Front inner wheel arch panels are £291 each.

Regards

TJS

p.s top tip - if you are caught in torrential rain with the top down, windows up, but still travelling at 100k make sure the sun visors are in the up position otherwise they neatly channel the rain onto the dash and inside face of the windscreen.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

TJS wrote: Front inner wheel arch panels are £291 each.
Ouch. And I thought paying £335 for a set of 4 was a lot 5 years ago!

Have you tried Cotswold BMW in Hereford - they will discount and post for free within the UK.
Stoertie

Z1 roadster

Post by Stoertie »

Hi to all...

why do you use "realoem"?

There is a shop from the BMW-Classic online: http://shop.bmw-classic.de/index-Classi ... U-EUR.html

Here you have actual (German) prices and you can see if a part is available or not. -> No price = (temporary) not available

Best regards
Michael
Men of steel driving cars of plastic! :-D

Sorry, for my poor english... schooltime is already a few years ago, but I try to do my very best! :-D

If you like, please visit Z1-Nordlichter / Leather Care / Roadster-Fashion.de

I believe I can fly... *lalala* Image