Z1 roadster

Henna Red Z1

Post by TJS »

Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Re: Henna Red Z1

Post by Green Genie »

Yes looks the usual Top Red ...typical of dealers to get the colour wrong.

BTW: The recent Red Z1 which was going through auction at Blenheim palace lot 120 advertised as 1989 BMW Z1 – 1 of 50 UK delivered cars sold for £26,550...looks like prices are on the way up :D
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Strange the seller says the car was bought direct from Germany. At the time of purchase you could simply purchase here from a BMW dealer. Mine is an earlier 'UK' car and was bought from BMW Cooper Park Lane.
Not sure about Keith's observation re prices. Wasn't the Silverstone auction car virtually zero miles?

Pat
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Not sure about Keith's observation re prices. Wasn't the Silverstone auction car virtually zero miles?
Hi Pat

Yes the Red Silverstone car was virtually zero miles, and sold for something like £50k, the car I was referring to was at the Blenheim Palace auction recently.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... rs/4359643

Although the mileage was shown as "123" the same mileage was shown on many other cars (but not all) going through the same auction, I guess something has to be filled in somewhere? on some of these generic websites i.e.where the mileage is not known/confirmed.

Someone else may know better.
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Keith and Zetti owners,

Sorry meant to put Blenheim not Silverstone. I had not twigged that 123 was not the actual mileage as had not looked at any other car details.
So if we don't know the mileage isn't it more difficult to determine whether the prices may be rising?
I am sure they are higher on the continent.
Whilst my car was at a coach trimmers recently for a new soft top a 'BMW expert' saw mine and said that he thought my guesstimate of £25k was too low, and suggested £27.5. Good news!
I'm not selling, but this suggests to me that prices may be on the up, or at least firm, here.

Pat
DPW

Z1 roadster

Post by DPW »

The first picture on this car advert is my Z1 on my driveway at home! I think they searched the Internet for pictures of red Z1's as the four pictures are all of different cars. Ivor thought I had put mine up for sale when he saw the picture! I have not and do not plan on selling it.

Darren.
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Pretty shabby of Coys. Wrong car(s) in photos and wrong mileage! Totally misleading and they clearly don't care.

Pat
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Pat Slade wrote:Pretty shabby of Coys. Wrong car(s) in photos and wrong mileage! Totally misleading and they clearly don't care.

Pat
And to make matters worse, I've just got back from Silverstone and after a chat with Darren he pointed out that the advert lists the car as BLUE!!! something I'd not spotted.

So "123" miles...pictures from the net (one of which was Darren's car)...red car that's blue. Hmmm!
FGL465

Z1 roadster

Post by FGL465 »

Hi guys, I called Coys soon after the auction and was told the mileage was about 44000, so it does look like prices are strong here. I hope so, as I too will be selling mine soon, owned for last 13 years and previous owner for 6 years, approx 58k miles, full sensitive refurb with new Toyo Proxes all round, reconditioned interior (same company as the Wheeler dealers car), Inspection 2 service, cambelt and all advisories dealt with, and bodywork tidied where necessary. Please PM for details. Regards, Fraser