Missing Clips and Screws

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Missing Clips and Screws

Post by Pat Slade »

Hi All,
I recently removed the funnily shaped leather covered trims which have hinged sprung flaps to accommodate the frame when the soft top is raised. This was done so I could remove the soft top.
My trims were each secured by two screws at the rear and two S profiled edge clips where this element joins the top of the rear end of the sill cover.
These complicated plastic parts have become distorted over time and I was told that later in production were fitted with three edge clips.
I would like to put a third clip on my trims as the moulding has provision for them! Think the BMW workers got lazy on my car. There is also a concealed fixing in the door jamb where a screw secures this trim to a bracket on the chassis. This would, I think, prevent the plastic distortion significantly. Like the clips I think Hermann got lazy and I have no screws although the trim has a clip nut fixed to it to accept the missing screw.
Needless to say neither the clips nor the screws are shown on the parts diagram or can I find a part number.
Has anyone removed these parts and shed some light on this please? None of the clips I have found on the internet are exactly the same as the ones on my car.

Pat