Z1 Radio

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Gazza

M roadster S54

Z1 Radio

Post by Gazza »

What radio/cassette was fitted as OEM ?
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Jet

blank

Re: Z1 Radio

Post by Jet »

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

"The Z1 AUDIO SYSTEM is a rebadged SONY XR-7302 Radio Cassette Head Unit, these branded units were only made for the first <200 cars before BMW switched to the more common Blaupunkt and Alpine units from the 3 and 5 series of the vintage."

Possibly the latter, so I'm still none the wiser :?
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Gazza wrote:"The Z1 AUDIO SYSTEM is a rebadged SONY XR-7302 Radio Cassette Head Unit, these branded units were only made for the first <200 cars before BMW switched to the more common Blaupunkt and Alpine units from the 3 and 5 series of the vintage."

Possibly the latter, so I'm still none the wiser :?
It answers your "what was fitted as OEM" question. :wink:
After the first few hundred, it was either blaupunkt or nothing at all, presumably it became an optional extra?

What exactly you trying to do?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Smartarse ! :D

I was thinking about replacing the aftermarket radio/cd with OEM if I could find one.
Gazza

ImageImage
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Gazza wrote:Smartarse ! :D

I was thinking about replacing the aftermarket radio/cd with OEM if I could find one.
I know you have deep pockets Gazza, but how deep? The Z1 unit in the link above, sold on ebay for approx £900+ a few years ago. :shock:
The BMW Business CD CD43 is a popular period option, and much easier to find, they sell for <£300.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Business- ... SwKY9XiSN2
TJS

Z1 roadster

Post by TJS »

A CD43 is a direct fit into the Z1 panel. You may need an adaptor to marry up the harness connections ... depending on the age of the car. Dec 90 production will not require the harness. I have an adapter if you need one.