Silverstone Pits

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Silverstone Pits

Post by Geoff H »

Found a couple of photos I took late '80's in the area behind the pits at Silverstone. May be of interest to someone on here

Last edited by Geoff H on Tue 23 Jan, 2018 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
therealdb1

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Silverstone Pits

Post by therealdb1 »

Hi Geoff, thanks for the photos it's always interesting to see snippets of history.
My question is "late '70's"?
I understand the Z1 was not unleashed upon an unsuspecting public until 1989 and the "F" number plate on the blue car would substantiate this date.
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

Yes sorry typo, would of been about 1989. The red one must of been one of the first right hand drive conversions
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Geoff H wrote: Tue 23 Jan, 2018 21:31 The red one must of been one of the first right hand drive conversions
I hadn't spotted that the red car was RHD until you pointed that out, must have been very costly if done late 80's on top of the original high asking price!

I can't quite make out the registration No. to check if it's still on the road with that number.

I've only seen two RHD conversions, funnily enough both were red cars :)

Thanks for sharing some old history.
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

Green Genie wrote: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 18:46
Geoff H wrote: Tue 23 Jan, 2018 21:31 The red one must of been one of the first right hand drive conversions
I hadn't spotted that the red car was RHD until you pointed that out, must have been very costly if done late 80's on top of the original high asking price!

I can't quite make out the registration No. to check if it's still on the road with that number.

I've only seen two RHD conversions, funnily enough both were red cars :)

Thanks for sharing some old history.
The reg is 3 ADN, looking at the white car behind that is a H reg, so that photo must of been taken at least 1991. I live near Silverstone and a friend was a Marshall there so used to go there most weeks, and have a few boxes of photos taken there
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

That reg is now on a 2016 Black BMW X5 V8
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage