wings

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
dreamchaser

Z1 roadster

wings

Post by dreamchaser »

Has anyone any experience with carbon fibre replacement wings. I have (via my brother who lives in Germany) been in touch with a company who make wings and I think all other body parts in carbon fibre.
urzzz

Z1 roadster

Re: wings

Post by urzzz »

I don't have any experience yet, but I am now in need of a new side sill (looks like someone jacked up the car wrong when I had a wheel straightened), so I have been in touch with Edeldesign Tuning, who offer a carbon sill - will let you know how I get on.
Toby
"There are roadsters, then there is the Z1", Brett Fraser, Car Magazine Aug 1989
"The BMW is simply superb", LJK Setright, Car Magazine, Apr 1990
"It's impossible to drive without a smile", Rowan Horncastle, TopGear.com Sep 2017
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

This car arrived on our 2009 Tour with carbon panels, very smart.

http://www.z1-online.de

I wonder if painting carbon is different to painting plastic and whether it looks/reflects the same? I understand there is some clever technology between bonnet and left wing to do with heat dissipation from the manifold, but many cars have lost their plastic bending properties, hence why they crack.
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Jet,

Unsure about the relevance or accuracy of your comment on the manifold heat and the left front wing.
Assuming you are referring to the exhaust manifold, mine is on the right!!

Pat
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Pat Slade wrote: Sun 11 Feb, 2018 09:57 Jet,

Unsure about the relevance or accuracy of your comment on the manifold heat and the left front wing.

Pat
Probably because you didn't read the article on the subject :wink: