Is this possible, Brand new Z1 for sale. What a wicked car

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Is this possible, Brand new Z1 for sale. What a wicked car

Post by BBZ149 »

Anybody wanting a Z1 wont find 1 as mint as this, ever. Now wishing i waited for 1 lol. :head:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting[/b]
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

If you search on www.mobile.de you'll usually find several low mileage (kilometerage ?!) Z1's. But the prices tend to be very high.

In the above mentioned auction there's the German text "Hinweis: Aufgrund der Abgasvorschriften kann das Fahrzeug in Deutschland nicht mehr bzw. nur mit Ausnahmegenehmigung vom KBA zugelassen werden"
which roughly translates to: because of the (current) emissions regulations this car can not be registered in Germany unless by special dispensation from the Department of Transport. I would have thought there will be a similar issue here in the UK.

That auction's got 8 more days to run. Any predictions where the price will end up?! I say north of €35,000
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

G2TRG wrote:But Is that due to not being registered before the emissions laws changed? As this must have the same engine as all the other Z1's?
Yes, it's almost certainly the same engine as every other Z1 but the problem is trying to register a car with 1991 (or whatever its build year is) emission levels and technology in 2005. That said there must be a workaround if you can prove that it was built in 1991.

And then there's VAT. You might have trouble avoiding UK VAT if you couldn't prove that VAT had already been paid at the time of purchase in 1991. A permanent registration document is usually one form of such proof.

Still, these would be interesting problems to have!
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Felix, must admit I didnt do the translation. But Is that due to not being registered before the emissions laws changed? As this must have the same engine as all the other Z1's?

Id say €35,000 +, well I hope it goes for sh@t loads more than I paid for mine. :D then I won be gutted
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Re: Is this possible, Brand new Z1 for sale. What a wicked c

Post by Pat Slade »

G2TRG wrote:Anybody wanting a Z1 wont find 1 as mint as this, ever. Now wishing i waited for 1 lol. :head:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting[/b]
I believe it is simple to make the Z1 conform to the German (Euro 5?) emission regulations. All the German cars I have seen have an aftermarket black box under the bonnet.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

I think it's simple to convert a Z1 to Euro II via a black box but the current Euro III standard is probably not achievable without major expense.

For some info on the standards see http://www.haguidetofreight.co.uk/General/id94.htm
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

WOW sold for £30,623.05
tenroom

Z1 roadster

Post by tenroom »

It WAS gorgeous but 30 large ??11 :shock: Gonna lose SO much in depreciation as soon as it gets outta the showroom.

If I'd had the readies, I wouldn't've gone over 25.
Paul Drawmer
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Interesting price. What will the buyer do with the car?

If it gets used...then the value will fall like a stone

If it doesn't get used....it becomes a museum piece. What a waste.

IMO, the Z1 is a piece of kinetic art. They look OK standing in a display, but so does a bunch of roses. Movement is what a Z1 needs and lots of it!