Panels.

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
G.Holloway

Z1 roadster

Panels.

Post by G.Holloway »

Hello All,

I have a few important questions, id appreciate any response.
Q1.Is it possible to repair Z1 panels in your experience? The trouble im having is this. Door appears to have been damaged from the inside out, there is a crease that is pointing outwards with no visible signs of damage from the outside.
Does it sound like a replacement jobbie, or do they heat and remould these things back into shape?
Q2:Where is the archive Z posts gone to? want some information on doors, and dont want to bother asking, if I can read about it from your previous posts.
Q3.Is there a buying guide somewhere here for Z1?

Much appreciated.

GH
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Re: Panels.

Post by Pat Slade »

As regards your door skin I feel it must have been hit and suggest the crease is from the internal arm which raises the window glass. Even if you replace the skin it would be a good idea to look at this mechanism to see if it has been bent out of alignment. The door skin is very thin and flexible and I would suggest it is not a repairable proposition.
Removal is not too difficult for a competent DIYer. Held onto door frame at top by one internal screw and at bottom by several plasic expansion clips. Only slight difficulty may be on reassembly when the plastic top edge has to clip behind pressings in door metalwork. Repair CD reccommended.

Pat
Paul Drawmer
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Some info on doors, including a description of how to remove the skin (from Allan Harrop) on my web pages:

www.bmwz1.co.uk
G.Holloway

Z1 roadster

Wots Wrong with Zroadster.net?

Post by G.Holloway »

Thank you for your comments and information, which I have put to good use.

But whats wrong with Zroadster.Net? Not alot except;

The model specific pages are the most frequently used, therefore it should be moved to the top of the Forum page. Saves scrolling time for those of us with 19" or less LCD.
As the Z1 is the best Z car ever made, it is only right that it should at the top of the list, irrespective of its alphanumeric superiority.

Where is the buyers guide? An absolute essential as the car gets older. I am happy to contribute and get this underway forthwidth Mr Administrator.

Thank you