BMW Z 1 Hardtop Wiesmann on eBay Germany

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
estocks

Not specified

BMW Z 1 Hardtop Wiesmann on eBay Germany

Post by estocks »

Stumbled on this, looking for a red z3 roof at close.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z-1-HARTOP-BA ... dZViewItem
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

I hope the seller added "will need a respray" to the text, what was it being rested on when the pictures were taken?
senna

Z1 roadster

z1 Hardtop in Germany

Post by senna »

This hardtop is too too expensive.
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Racing Tortoise »

Curious to see the leather lining - mine has a a charcoal flock lining which I think I prefer.

Talking of resprays, some numbskull put a traffic cone on the roof of the car the other day when it was parked outside my office and there are now some nasty scratches on the hard-top. :head:
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
G.Holloway

Z1 roadster

Post by G.Holloway »

Teatray,

Do you suffer the squeaks and leaks other owners mentioned?
What in your opinion are the Pros and Cons?

And lastly, do you recommend a Hard top?
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

BMW Z1 Hardtop

Post by Pat Slade »

I was just looking at the Wiesmann info. I have from 1993. They made two hardtops for the Z1 a Standard and a Luxus. The Luxus is leather lined.
The prices at the time were DM 4,500 Sandard and DM 6,500 Luxus.
The Luxus also appears to have "sound system and interior lighting!
These prices do not include fitting charge which at the time Wiesmann chaged DM 1,400 for!
Never tried a car with one but they are undoubtedly quality jobs.

Pat
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Post by Racing Tortoise »

G.Holloway wrote:Teatray,

Do you suffer the squeaks and leaks other owners mentioned?
What in your opinion are the Pros and Cons?

And lastly, do you recommend a Hard top?
I've not noticed added squeaks as a result of having the hard-top on the car - perhaps that's because mine is flock-lined and so it doesn't rub. In my experience, the worst culprit for squeaks is if either seat is pushed back so that the leather on the side of the seat chafes on the leather of the side of the cabin (the interior of my car is fully trimmed in black leather). That can create a terrible din.

The hardtop does leak a little but we're only talking dribbles in jetwashes or very heavy rain and even then only on the drivers side where the seal seems to not fit terribly well just where the roof meet the top of the windscreen pillar and the front top corner of the driver's side window. That creates a bit of wind noise too.

Neither is a problem with the soft-top raised.

Generally:

Pros:

Makes the car much cosier and safer feeling in nasty weather;
Makes the cabin airier inside because the rear window is at least 6 inches further away from the back of your head;
You get a bigger heated glass rear window which aids rear visibility greatly;
I think the car looks really great with the hard-top on - much better than with the soft-top raised - it suits the lines much better; and
Added security - no-one's going to slash the roof;

Cons:

It leaks a bit;
In very cold weather the window seals can contract causing the windows to think there's an obstruction and so not close fully (this is easily fixed by undoing the clamps on the affected side, reclosing the door and then tightening the clamps again. It also goes away once the car is warm)
Luggage space is reduced because you can't use the well where the softtop goes as extra storage space; and
It's easy enough to fit (4 clamps) but quite heavy and awkward to lift so you can't just whip it off in an instant - I always have to enlist someone's help to get it on and off the car and the hardtop stand.

Overall though I completely recommend it but then mine came with the car so I didn't need to purchase it separately - it's what made me buy this particular car rather than the dream black one that Munich Legends also had in stock for the same price at the same time.
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
FinerZ1

Z1 roadster

Post by FinerZ1 »

Hi

I have a Weismann hardtop on my car. It has the padded leather interior but no sound system extras or lights.

I'll be posting some pictures in the next few days showing the interior and exterior.

Cheers

Paul
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Great. Always love to see Z1 pics! :P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)