painting the dash, selecting a cd player and alloy wheels

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
N33DLC

Z3 roadster 1.9

painting the dash, selecting a cd player and alloy wheels

Post by N33DLC »

I need to pick the brain of all of you Z3s nuts AGAIN!! first thing, where did cosmos black get them alloy wheels from, and how much do they cost cuz they look fantastic!!!!
secondly my centre console looks very old and boring so i think im gonna attempt to spray it, The last thing I want is some flakey naff peeling dashboard tho. So was wondering if anybody has made a good job of it in silver and got any good tips?
The other thing i would like to do is put a nice cd player in to tart the dash up a bit. any reccomendations or pics of what other people have done??
thanks for your hellp
oh yea any leather seats for sale??
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

Good to see another Brummie on the board!
There is a thread somewhere about a German based company that do different coloured/finished centre console covers for the Zed, they work out at £40 or so I think, much easier than self painting, and less likely to go wrong.

With the CD player, take a look at L&J audio in Cannock for a local supplier (they are v expensive but tip top) if not, just have a look at your local car place for some ideas on head units, then work out if it looks good in your Zed, when the silver is done of course...
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Painting your centre console has been done, take a look here
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

The wheels were on the car when Gazza owned it so presume he bought them. Don't know whether they are original or replica Schnitzers but reps are available on ebay..
JontyP

M roadster S54

Post by JontyP »

As far as CD palyers go I reckon that anything from the Becker range suits the Z3 dash really well. Mine isn't one of the latest so has no iPod connection but the latest ones do. They are nice and understated but stylish IMO.

Jonty
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The wheels are AC Schnitzer Type IV Racing Replica, 8.5 x 18 available on Ebay. I got them from Leigh Tyres for £600 inc tyres.

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

also using the search function would provide you with this thread

best of luck with it
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

How about you purchase a sheet of leather and use that instead of paint?
wwwwOOOff!!!
rigs90

Z3 roadster 2.0

get a becker

Post by rigs90 »

the becker head units are so easy to install and to be honest make the car look that bit more exclusive, get one with a bluetooth car kit and you really are gonna be happy. sextons direct is the cheapest I found.
N33DLC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by N33DLC »

how do i cover the center console in leather? use some kind of adhesive? Ive never heard or seen this done before has anybody done it and got pictures?? and i do like the becker head units they look as tho they are made for the car and may be less likely to get pinched when i leave the roof down. however they do seem a bit steep at £250.
also my rear window is very misty and scratched, is ther any good restoration chemicals out there? there is also a rip on the top of the window in each top corner. would this be repaired if i was to get a new window put in??
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

If the rip is in the window then get a new window sorted out. If you want to keep the window then Renovo do a bottle of goo that clears the misting away very well.
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

BMW also do some toothpaste for rear windows, at £7 a pop. Lasts ages, and its advisable to use the a towel when folding the hood down, to decrease the rubbing against the carpet.

A new roof will set you back around £115. And whilst it is fiddly to replace the screen, it is reasonably straight forward, so save yourself some cash and replace it yourself. Instructions and tools come with the replacement screen.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Justin Time wrote:A new roof will set you back around £115.
Where from? I might buy a spare just in case at that price! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now a new SCREEN at that price....... :wave

Cheers R.

Only joking Christian, mate! :D
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

:oops: :oops: annnnnd that's what you get for being in a rush and trying to help out!

Hehe, i'll try and correct my choice of words for the future. Yup, just the screen, not the roof :head:
N33DLC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by N33DLC »

ok i have located some seats at a reasonable price, however, they are 200miles away and id rather not drive all that way. does anybody know of a good courier service that will bring them to me at a reasonable cost. also the seats are heated, my current ones are not. what will i need other that the switches to make them work? is the wiring in place? and are the actual seats easy to fit?
thanks for all of your help so far guys, greatly appreciated :!:
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

I don't know about the leather, it was just an idea off the top of my head :)

I would imagine you'd need a thin sheet of leather, a good pair of scissors and some adhesive. Maybe you could get an expert car trimmer to do it for you.

Don't know how hard it would be but if successful, it should be mega-cool.
wwwwOOOff!!!
rigs90

Z3 roadster 2.0

new rear screen £119 fitted

Post by rigs90 »

Hi, look on ebay on this item 270154391682,
I been considering it and a few people already had it done and are very happy