Help please: Couple of questions re Clutch Pedal & Oil C

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Z3M Jason

M coupe S50

Help please: Couple of questions re Clutch Pedal & Oil C

Post by Z3M Jason »

Hi all,
Would really appreciate some guidance....
My clutch pedal is creaking when I depress and release the clutch, it is driving me MAD and I wondered if anyone has experienced this problem and what is the cure, oiling or new part etc. If it can be lubricated which bit wants oiling?

Also want to change the oil this week and whilst i know Castrol Edge 10w-60 is the recommended potion it is bloody hard to source readily and frequently. Any thoughts on Mobil M1? This has always been good stuff but is it suitable for a highly tuned 3.2M lump?? If not any other oil recommended thats available on retailer shelves? Also does anyone know whether or not you can buy oil filters with built in magnet to collect stray filings etc......

Any advice welcomed please!! :)

Thanks in advance!
Jason
Z3M Coupe:- MAC Motoren Airbox, MAF Removed, Prospeed Full system with race cats, Full Dyno setup & Live Remap, 18" BBS LM's,
AC Schnitzer Race Coilovers, H&R Anti Roll Bars + Drop Links, Recaro Pole Position seats, Sparco Steering Wheel, Strut Brace, Porsche Calipers/CSL disc Conversion + Custom made rear discs, Braided Lines, 3.46 Hawthorn Motorsport 40% LSD diff and Digital Racelogic TC (To follow).
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Not able to help with regards the oil situation, but maybe this thread could help with the clutch. Best of luck Jason
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

10W-60 is not recommended for the S50. Its for the S54 although the reason that engine needs such thick oil beats me. When I tried it in my S50 the Vanos was noisier to I changed back to 0W-40.

The creaking clutch is an ownership experience! I must try the greasing job but for now the radio masks it well enough. I have had a creaky accelerator too but thats easy to get to with the lube spray.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
SledgeHammer

M roadster S50

Post by SledgeHammer »

DIY on a 3 series:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... %2B+clutch

Get the bushings from UUC
Z3M Jason

M coupe S50

Post by Z3M Jason »

Christian,
Hope you are well mate!!
Thanks for that link......kinda what i thought, spray grease is the way forward. The clutch is new so definately pedal area is the source of the issue.

Deano,
Thanks for your response as well!!

Jason :)
Z3M Coupe:- MAC Motoren Airbox, MAF Removed, Prospeed Full system with race cats, Full Dyno setup & Live Remap, 18" BBS LM's,
AC Schnitzer Race Coilovers, H&R Anti Roll Bars + Drop Links, Recaro Pole Position seats, Sparco Steering Wheel, Strut Brace, Porsche Calipers/CSL disc Conversion + Custom made rear discs, Braided Lines, 3.46 Hawthorn Motorsport 40% LSD diff and Digital Racelogic TC (To follow).
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Help please: Couple of questions re Clutch Pedal & O

Post by mich »

Z3M Jason wrote:Hi all,
Also does anyone know whether or not you can buy oil filters with built in magnet to collect stray filings etc......

Any advice welcomed please!! :)

Thanks in advance!
Jason
Try a magnetic sump plug, much safer, :)