UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
hugh1111

blank.gif

Post by hugh1111 »

My wife is wanting a z3 to the extent she has given it a name so it is down to me to get one can anyone tell me what iIcan get for 3or 4 thousand all help welcom
srvz3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by srvz3 »

hi hugh1111, and welcome to the site.
had a quick look on autotrader and found these little beauties.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... rch.action

i was only expecting to find 1.9s but there seems to be a nice 2.8 on there with a refitted bmw engine, looks a nice car for the money if you fancy the engine size. i think you will mostly be looking at 1.9s though in that price range. all the best and keep us posted + send some pics in of your purchase when you get one, and yeh follow the old addage dont buy the first one you look at. :wink:
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi hugh1111 and welcome to the forum

If you haven't found it already the link below takes you to a very useful "Buying a Z3" thread. There are lots of other threads that will give you are general view of what people think about their Zeds - but it does get addictive!

URL LINK

A number of the older 1.9's are 16v and produce 140bhp and therefore they are not slow cars, our Z3 was a 1.9 8v and it was OK both as a daily commute and on longer journeys - but after a bit whilst she was quite happy with it I must admit that I was wondering what it would be like to have a bit more power.

When we looked we did concentrate on service history - not necessarily all BMW but regular servicing and if possible receipts as well as the stamp in the book. General overall condition - does it look well looked after?, etc. Looking at that page from Autotrader I must admit that I would find out a bit more about the Montreal Blue one - just because I love that colour.

Now a word of caution as it was my wife who got me involved in Zed's. Having watched the James Bond film she started saving and 10 years later quietly announced that she was buying a Z3 as her **th birthday present to herself. She started with the 1.9 and used it virtually everyday for over 6 years with no problems. Also I found it fine for getting back to RWD cars and we had some great times with it. That got traded last year against a 2.0 Z4 that again she uses daily and I occasionally manage to borrow - it may be a 2.0 but it is not slow. So I've just put a deposit on a 2.8 Z3 so now we can have the best of both worlds!

Good luck with the hunting - and trying out lots of different ones is part of the fun.
hugh1111

blank.gif

Post by hugh1111 »

Thanks For All The Help Im Still Looking But With Some Good Advice From Yourselfs I Might End Up With A Better Car
Thanks Again