Door Dent Already :o(

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Door Dent Already :o(

Post by TitanTim »

Well the first time I take my pride and joy to work this week and park up I come back to a passenger door ding Really pretty furious and I think I know the guy at work who did it, hes got a rough looking Nissan Primera. First time in 26 years that I have had any sort of damage and especially hissed off as the Zed was completely free of dents. I always park at the end of a row but I guess it happens. Will be parking next to some mobile huts on Monday so no-one can park either side of me

Good news is I booked the car into my local Chips Away for this morning and the dent has completely dissapeared so pleased it could be done, inclined to put the £68 bill on the Morons desk on Monday morning )

The guy tackling the dent couldn't get at it through the window recess so had to take the door panel off which had me sweating a little but it was all done within half an hour

Hope that is the first and last!!!

Tim
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
henrycrun

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by henrycrun »

It does pi$$ me off why folks are so careless.
Even when you try and park up alone in an empty corner, the car is always surrounded by at least 1 other when you come back.
I guess some people can't park by white lines alone...
BarneyBoko

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BarneyBoko »

Sorry to hear of your ding, glad to hear you got it fixed, but dont consider retribution it will only make it worse.

I have particlarly low tolerance level when comes to careless B******s who inflict damage on other peoples cars as if it doesnt matter. To avoid getting myself 30 days in the big house I to try to park as far out of the way as poss. It cracks my wife up sometimes the process I go through in picking a spot for the Zed. Last week at Westmorland services Cumbria on the nortbound M6, I parked in the overflow carpark furthest away which was completely empty. When I got back would you believe there was now one other car in this car park and he was parked 6 inches from my drivers door fortunately or not the dimwit driver and his spouse were still in their car, smilling back at me as I stood in disbelief. I couldnt get in mine and if missus dimwit had tried to get out of their car, mine was gonna take a whack. It was like a scene from Beadles about. Needless to say I lost it !!!!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

The strange thing is the person who I think did the dirty deed has parked next me on numerous occasions and never had any problems inflicted on my Corsa VXR but as soon as I park the Zed its dinged, so either its a one off genuine accident or done on purpose as its a BMW. Quite a few people I know are anti BMW and I wouldnt be surprised that some would slam their door against your car beacause of what it is. :( Very sad.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

henrycrun wrote:It does pi$$ me off why folks are so careless.
Even when you try and park up alone in an empty corner, the car is always surrounded by at least 1 other when you come back.
I guess some people can't park by white lines alone...
I don't think they are careless, just jealous, I have just had the same thing happen to me, I am convinced it is done on purpose :evil: