the reliability of it all

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
diccon

Z3 roadster 1.9

the reliability of it all

Post by diccon »

Sorry to keep hassling everyone about my looming purchase but i just want to get it right.... i have had a few failures in the past like convincing my fiance it was a good idea to move from an audi to an old mgbgt which then cost me a lot of time and money....so now i am sitting here trying to convince her again about this purchase , so my question is....realistically for the money i am looking at spending , a bmw with 60 , 70 , 80 or even 90k on the clock , am i likely to find a reliable daily car , or am i entering the midst of mayhem.....?

thanks

Diccon
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

my LHD 2.8 coupe Z3 has just yesterday turned over 115,000 miles and still goes like stink, the only cars recently that have made me think.... i'll get that next ........ were an audi S3 at 140mph and a porsche gt2 at emabarssingly great acceleration.

I bought it at 95 K and iv'e put 20 tousand on in a year.

I use it every day, minus a couple of oil services, a few cracked fog lights and a lot of petrol it has been faultless.

great car.

DO IT YOU'LL LOVE IT :squeeze:
Torres09

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Torres09 »

2000 Z3 and I use it every day 40 miles each way.. no problems.

look after it and it shoulndt cost more than the scheduled service unless you want to do it yourself and its even less :)
Why does mineral water that takes a 1000 years to flow up through the earth, have a sell by date on the bottle?
diccon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by diccon »

Guys, your genius' , just showed her your replies , .... lets just say im one step closer!! haha :P
moysie

blank.gif

Post by moysie »

I've not had mine long but have had no major problems since i've had it. I took my misses with me on the test drive and she liked it, that's how i convinced her :lol:
diccon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by diccon »

haha , yeh moysle i was thinking that too, just hope its not raining on the test drive day.......
unclemart

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by unclemart »

Brought our 1999 2.0 in June with 92k - (private sale) so riskier and cheaper than from a dealer but no warranty. Had a good close look her and checked service history - sailed through the MoT with out a hitch and now done 5k in 3 months (2k last week little trip to St Tropez and back) my wife uses it for work daily and I get to play in it at the weekends - Its still a head turner, at traffic lights people actually smile when they look at it. I just wish I had brought one years ago - If I had waited another month before I bought I could have got more for my money but then I would of lost out on four whole weeks of fun. There are some real bargains out there to be had atm and worth every penny..........
everyone should try a convertable at some point in their life the Z3 is a real peach enjoy................... :wink:

just my humble opinion

Cheers Martin
Remember "To become old and wise - First you need to be young and stupid"

Titanium Silver 2.0