My new hardtop

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

My new hardtop

Post by z3ddie »

Got this fitted yesterday with the assistance of Snatch - Cosmos Black on Topaz Blue - she is a dirty little lady at the moment but I love here and think she looks the dogs
2.8 Auto Roadster = lazy old git driver
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by z3ddie »

Opps - pic didnt upload
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

looks great z3ddie :) I feel ashamed as my Zed has been tucked up in bed since x-mas on drip feed, be glad when all this snow and gone along with the salt so I can get her out.

I always said I wouldn't get a hard top but I'm really starting too think a black hard top would look great on my Titan Silver hmmmmmmm you got me thinking now lol.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Tim

If you can tuck your P&J up in a garage you don't need a hard top :!:
Our top serves to make the car functional all year round but it's a pain to take off and store through the summer.
Generally, we put the lid on when the clocks go back in October and remove it again in March. There are often cold dry days in between when it would be great to go out for a run with the roof down but generally the hassle of removing the hard lid precludes this.

For what it's worth, I don't think you will derive any great benefit from a hard top - but obviously the choice is yours :) :)

Regards
The other Titan :P
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Titan wrote:Tim

If you can tuck your P&J up in a garage you don't need a hard top :!:
Our top serves to make the car functional all year round but it's a pain to take off and store through the summer.
Generally, we put the lid on when the clocks go back in October and remove it again in March. There are often cold dry days in between when it would be great to go out for a run with the roof down but generally the hassle of removing the hard lid precludes this.

For what it's worth, I don't think you will derive any great benefit from a hard top - but obviously the choice is yours :) :)

Regards
The other Titan :P

Hi Titan,

lol the real reason is I been messing with the 1 Series I picked up 2 weeks back, waxing, detailing the engine and the novelty of diesel power lol.

I remember saying a while back when another member mentioned about buying a hard top and I said whats the point as its supposed to be a roadster lol. I can see the benefits in winter but I'm just wondering that my Zed would look pretty good with a black hardtop from a looks point of view.

I wonder if anyone else has this combo?

Cheers,

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport