Z3M seats fitting

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
naeemm

Z3 roadster 2.0

Z3M seats fitting

Post by naeemm »

Hi guys
I am really lucky that i have been able to get some z3m all black leather seats..to replace the grey cloth i have in there.i just need help on how to take the old ones out and fit the new ones...any help will be much appreciated.
Thanx guys
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Have a look at the first part of the post below.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... at+removal

Hope this helps
naeemm

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by naeemm »

cheers for ardchyle

was just wondering though. should the wiring be the same. they are heated leather seats but i wont be connecting this as i do not have the wiring there for it. so hopefully it is justa straight swap without any re-wiring.

cheers

by the way just thought id share a picture of one of the seats..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxman

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by maxman »

There are three changes to the seat wiring loom,if your z is a 2000 model,it could well be the change number two.Yours will have three or four connectors,the latest ones only had one big connector.
The wiring for the heated seats is part of the loom as std all you need is the heated seat switches and a relay to go in the fuse box.
Look up Tony Cal web site as he also has a write up on fitting sport seats.He is a zroadster member.
Emek

M roadster S50

Post by Emek »

I have in my Z3 M-seats and I only change the upper part of the seat, metal rails are from old seats, swap take 2 hours ;) Everything work perfect incl. seat heating...
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

Was going to post about the write up on my site but someone has already done it :lol: