Edited for privacy

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TIMMZEY

Z3 roadster 2.8

Edited for privacy

Post by TIMMZEY »

Edited for privacy
Last edited by TIMMZEY on Tue 21 Nov, 2023 18:25, edited 2 times in total.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Mine was making a movie of me and my zed :oops:
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
TIMMZEY

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by TIMMZEY »

Edited for privacy
Last edited by TIMMZEY on Tue 21 Nov, 2023 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
gypsycatcha

blank.gif

Post by gypsycatcha »

Ha ha making a movie of u and your zed :lol:
absolute quality :D
Taz-Devil

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Taz-Devil »

mine was in a xj6 came of m25 got to petrol garage
run out 1 meter from pump :head: nobody about for push
had to put a couple of quid of petrol in a can to move forward
to pump so to fill car up :dunce: never run on red light again
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

I guess the UK roads were a bit safer for 48 hours :lol:
TIMMZEY

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by TIMMZEY »

Last edited by TIMMZEY on Tue 27 Apr, 2021 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I guess my most embarrasing moment but not Zed related was having to strip off on a garage forecourt in front of other motorists, of which was an elderly couple waiting to fill up behind me. I had not long had a new Suzuki Swift (2005) and went too fill up. For some reason the auto shut off on the pump failed to click in and ended up with fuel literally blowing out and covering all the lower half of me and right arm, was literally soaked in fuel. Only thing to do was whip my trousers off after I paid and didn't realise fuel can burn your skin at alarming speed. Never drove home so fast and had to take a couple of showers to get rid of smell, not a pleasant experience although for that old dear, I think it made her day :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Undoubtably the most embarressing moment in my Z3 was last summer, when leaving my girlfriends house I noted the glorious sunshine over head and decided to put the roof down.

Whilst travelling on the A38 dual carriageway I noted the large grey cloud forming overhead, with no where to stop I had no option but to carry on... within moments the heavens openned and what can only be described as a monsoon occured. I maintained my speed and the air flow seemed to keep the interior from flooding, but the rain was racing over the top of my window and spraying down the side of my face. Whilst others slowed down I had to maintain my speed, I was left feeling like an absolute pillock racing past other drivers, top down, in terrential rain.

Worst yet, I had to take the next slip road to stop so I could put the roof back up, as I pulled up to the queue of traffic in front, both myself and the inside of my car got drenched... fingers crossed I never get caught out again.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Mine was last week after I put on the spare and before I realized that you need to deactivate the ASC to drive.

So here I was in a just carnuba'ed Montreal Blue with the roof down with a thin "limp home" rear left tire with the hazard lights on, crawling at about 3 miles an hour.

From the rear it must have looked like a drunken peg leg pirate. :geek:

Pretty pathetic. :oops:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

yalden wrote:Whilst travelling on the A38 dual carriageway I noted the large grey cloud forming overhead, with no where to stop I had no option but to carry on... within moments the heavens openned and what can only be described as a monsoon occured. I maintained my speed and the air flow seemed to keep the interior from flooding, but the rain was racing over the top of my window and spraying down the side of my face. Whilst others slowed down I had to maintain my speed, I was left feeling like an absolute pillock racing past other drivers, top down, in terrential rain.

Worst yet, I had to take the next slip road to stop so I could put the roof back up, as I pulled up to the queue of traffic in front, both myself and the inside of my car got drenched... fingers crossed I never get caught out again.
Been there, done that! Only I wear glasses and I could have used wipers on those too. :lol:

I had water coming over the top of the side window and all up my arm as well. :oops:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Thanks BonBon I didn't know that you deactivate the ASC to drive, it will save me going through the same as you :thumb:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

My mothers classic:

She went shopping and parked in her usual multi stroy car park.

Came back 2 hours later to find car was not where she parked it :shock:

It was a manned car park so she went to the assistant. He quized her "are you sure you parked it there". At this accusation she got very upset but to be sure she walked around the car park with the attendant, no sign of it so he contacted the police and I got a frantic phone call from my mother.

As I arrived a copper was just leaving with all the details (she gave them my details to follow up etc....).

I took her home and dropped her off feeling very sorry for her.

I got a phone call from the car park two hours later. They had "found" the car two floors above where she thought she had parked it :head: (the car park had cleared of office workers etc....). The attendant apologised for not seeing it when he walked around.

I phoned the police to apologise.

I phoned my mother up to tell her the good news, she was so relieved.

I picked her up to go and collect the car, she was very quiet.

We met the attendant and she came out with the immortal words "I'm glad whoever stole it brought it back" :shock: :roll: :head:

She has never lived it down to this day!
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

pmsl @ jontt's mother. That's priceless! Image

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Hey Robert, When I proudly bought and picked up my first frogeye late in the evening, I decided to take it over the Auckland Harbour bridge to the North shore and show it of to my girlfriend. (must have worked cause she married me) lol.
Anyway it was a toll bridge in those days with a collection booth for each of the four lanes. I cruised down the north side and came into the toll gate, top down and looking cool. However when I tried to stop I couldn't put my foot on the brake pedal. As you know the pedals are very close together for good heel and toe work. I slammed my foot on the clutch, then the throttle then the clutch, to no avail. So the other motorists watched as the little bright red frog slid through the gate at about 15mph with the driver's head down under the dashboard looking for the brake.

I finally stopped about 20yards past the gate and ran back very embarrassed to the collector and handed her the toll, luckily she was laughing fit to bust so I got off with no repercussions.
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

Post by Michael McGovern »

cant think of a good one yet but i did have my gear nob come off while i was going round donington park, i cleverly or stupidly, managed to refit it without coming in.

on another note, that day at donington a bus took a wrong turning and ended up on the track was very amusing, got some extra time for it so was a blessing in disguise. The bus was full too.
Rob Tan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rob Tan »

Hey, Kruisin, I remember the bridge tolls! (Lived in Auckland till I was almost 12).

You must have been the entertainment that day ... and likely for a long time afterwards!!!! And JUST when you were trying to look so cool!

The Austin Healey Sprite is a DELIGHT to drive.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Your so right Rob tan, they are very precise to chuck around.
I see you are enjoying your Zd also, judging by your posts. Have you got the new h/top fitted yet.
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I must have blue blood, because I rarely carry cash. This turned out to be a cause of embarrassment at a busy toll bridge near Oxford. As the queue got more irate and I searched frantically for some money in the door pockets and glove locker an attractive girl in the car behind paid the 5p charge for me :oops: .
Pingu
Rob Tan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rob Tan »

Hey Kruisin...yes, the guy arrived with the hard top yesterday morning. He fitted the brackets for us, helped us put on the hardtop, and explained everything we needed to know. Then Andy (tanman) pretty much spent the rest of the day adjusting the hard top to get it to fit right. I wasn't really much help as only one person could be in there, so I have to credit Andy with the work.

We are a little disappointed that we can't seem to get the driver's side adjusted forwards enough so that the driver's window makes a good seal. At the moment we have a gap (maybe only 1 mm but enough for water to get in). The car looks completely different, and at this moment is in at the car groomers for a full groom service. By the time I get her back she will be clean from head to toe, cut and polished and will be gleaming magnificently!!! Will post some pics tomorrow.