Drivers Seat

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
kopite

Z3 roadster 2.8

Drivers Seat

Post by kopite »

Hi Folks,
Does Anyone Know If The Front Seat Can Be Moved Any Further Forward Only My Missus Is A Short Arse And Could Do With About Another 1".........yes Seriously
boblez

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by boblez »

Ahh you know what they say, that extra inch makes all the difference!
kopite

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by kopite »

boblez wrote:Ahh you know what they say, that extra inch makes all the difference!
COULD BE PAL TO CRASHING AND NOT CRASHING.....LOL
alanandjudi

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by alanandjudi »

Not sure that you can make any changes to move seat further forward. Just had my drivers seat out to change bushes, which is a common problem causing rocking.
Did plenty of reading and I know that there is scope to get the seat to go a little further back by taking out some of the insulation under the carpet, but didnt see how you could get it further forward.
Rob Tan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rob Tan »

Forgive me, but I am going to cite the cure I used in my Triumph Spitfire many years ago: a cushion!

I know, embarrassing, isn't it, but I needed a cushion behind my back. It was a lovely satin covered one....

Why don't you get her a cushion, have it covered in fabric to match the car, and have BMW logo stitched on it?
oakley6691

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by oakley6691 »

Rob Tan wrote:Forgive me, but I am going to cite the cure I used in my Triumph Spitfire many years ago: a cushion!

I know, embarrassing, isn't it, but I needed a cushion behind my back. It was a lovely satin covered one....

Why don't you get her a cushion, have it covered in fabric to match the car, and have BMW logo stitched on it?
OR YOU COULD STOP HER FROM DRIVING IT :D ....LIKE I DID!!!!
kopite

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by kopite »

Thanks For The Comments And Ideas Guys,cant See Her Having The Chance Behind The Wheel Too Much Anyway.....well Maybe After I Had A Couple Of Pints Sometime Eh!!
Cheers
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Seat Adjustment

Post by Brian H »

Kopite

Having recently had my seats apart changed the bushes to stop them rocking, I noticed that the following might be a solution. These are some old seats so if you wanted to try I could send you the runners to practice on.

Have a look at the diagram below, I have not done this nor have I seen this done before but I see no reason why it should not work. If I am wrong or missing something maybe someone will put me right!

Just a suggestion, hope this helps.
kopite

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by kopite »

Thanks For That Idea Pal,as Soon As It Warms Up A Bit I Will Have A Look Cheers