Cheeky letter from my dealer

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Cheeky letter from my dealer

Post by Robert T »

I got a letter from the new sales boy at my BMW dealer offering me a £2000 scrappage discount off a new car before the end of Feb. I have to say I am not impressed and actually found it rather offensive. Has anybody else had one of these from their dealer?

I can only think that the guy is a numpty and simple ran off a report of all cars on their books over 10 years old without looking at the values of these cars. I'd still be looking for £4.5k to 5k for mine at the very least.

I've a good mine to send him a copy of Glass's guide by return... :(

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

I had the same after I contacted BMW UK customer service about the boot spot weld issue. The guy said that BMW UK would not take any action but trade your car under scrappage and have a new 118d....err no thanks
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I got a letter from my dealer last week asking me to contact them urgently about my car, thats all it said, I thought "urgent recall" (not the Z).

I phoned them and basically they only wanted to try and sell me a new car - not impressed :roll:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

Says something about their own perception of their product!!! :head:
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Woods in Bournemouth have three ZZZs for sale. Two 'R' reg and one 'S' reg. One has 48K and is 2.8 manual. Not sure of mileage of others but one is a 1.9 variant. And the prices? Between £6.9K and £7.9K.

I'll take a picture and post it up next day if I get chance.

Peter
tonnc

Z3 roadster 2.2i

the offer

Post by tonnc »

What are you offering for £4.5 to £5k?
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I don't think he's offering his car for sale, merely stating it's worth!
Rob Tan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rob Tan »

Scrap all the VWs. All of em. Every single one.

If anyone even mentioned scrapping a Z3 I think I'd hit them!

(VW killed my Honda Accord....they're evil....the new ones that is, not the old VWs...the old ones and kindly and sweet....the new ones are evil).
zedder3

blank

Post by zedder3 »

someone should reply to them with the current valuations and ask them why they're being so cheeky.

probably to avoid having to repair anymore rear diff problems!!!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: the offer

Post by Robert T »

tonnc wrote:What are you offering for £4.5 to £5k?
I'm not offering anything - my zed is quite definitely staying with me - get off! :lol:

Was simply guessing at possible value for a 1.9 with 50k miles on it to show how far off the mark the new sales boy is.

I should send him a message to go an look at the calendar in his sales manager's office and tell me how many of the cars on that he would be offering scrappage for... :wink:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

I'll check on the mileage of the 1.9 tomorrow with pics but it's close to the £7K mark. I know there used to be a north/south divide on house prices but it would appear there is on cars aswell :head:

Peter
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Last edited by Wessex on Sun 07 Feb, 2010 19:15, edited 2 times in total.
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Flip! nearly 8k! How much were they trying to get for the 2.8??

It must be immaculate but I would still think they are trying their luck buy a couple of thousand.
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
Wessex

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wessex »

Ok I've uploaded the rest of the pictures.

There was nothing special about the cars at all. All bog standard, standard wheels, one had cream leather interior and the others looked liked they needed a good clean inside. The exterior had been polished but again, no better than what the owners on this site would prepare/detail their car.

Sorry it was a bit late to post the full pictures and prices but it just goes to show that I think we are being a bit conservative in our valuation of our cars.

I paid £5,500 for my 2.8 Auto last June and it now has only 46K on the clock. Perfect body so compared with the ones above, I value mine a bit above what I paid.

Peter