Clear Rear lights and clear side indicators

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
simon-g

Z3 roadster 2.8

Clear Rear lights and clear side indicators

Post by simon-g »

Hi all,

What are the best clear rear lights to go for to upgrade from the yellow indicator type? Do you think the following are any good? I had some unofficial rear clusters on a 7-Series, and the quality was awful.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z3-1996-1999- ... 966wt_1199
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
Had no experience with them myself but they look exactly the same as my OEM ones at less than half the price as well I bet.

Regards
Orinoco
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

I paid about the same for mine except they were from a german seller - maybe see if any come up on UK from a german seller....

I was really impressed with the quality and have had them on for 2 years with no moisture ingress.
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
Mitchell

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mitchell »

Why only 96-99 Z3's? Do the newer models have different size rears?
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

totally different rear end and light shape...... look at some pics of cars on here and there wil be facelifter zeds....
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Mitchell wrote:Why only 96-99 Z3's? Do the newer models have different size rears?
Yes, the rear end was facelifted.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Mitchell

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mitchell »

Thanks, so where is the best place to source facelift rears with a clear lense?
zgabeatza

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by zgabeatza »

http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid= ... Categories

get them from Germany ! they send it to all european union and they're very ok ...

don't get me wrong, they're most probably made in china, but everything is ... and they look like the oem ones.

i fitted mine and had no problems until now ...
simon-g

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by simon-g »

Ok thanks all.
Mitchell

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mitchell »

That would be good if I could speak German :lol:
Zedona

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zedona »

Get the Google toolbar it has a translate key and it works brilliantly. :D
kayone

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kayone »

Simon,

If you get any of them let me know how they are - I'm in the market for a set of clear rears :)
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

clear indicator rears for facelift here from uk seller. £219 just scroll down :)

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
blingster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by blingster »

estocks wrote:
Mitchell wrote:Why only 96-99 Z3's? Do the newer models have different size rears?
Yes, the rear end was facelifted.
Wouldn’t that be asslifted?` :D
simon-g

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by simon-g »

kayone wrote:Simon,

If you get any of them let me know how they are - I'm in the market for a set of clear rears :)
Just to let you know, the ones purchased off Ebay from ultimate-lighting, are very nice lights, extremely good value for money for a brand new set for £70. The quality is spot on and the fit is perfect. They utilise the OEM bulb holders too, so no issues there either. Definitely recommended for anyone thats after a set.
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

Mitchell wrote:That would be good if I could speak German :lol:
pm me with the german text if you're having problems.
kayone

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kayone »

simon-g wrote:

Just to let you know, the ones purchased off Ebay from ultimate-lighting, are very nice lights, extremely good value for money for a brand new set for £70. The quality is spot on and the fit is perfect. They utilise the OEM bulb holders too, so no issues there either. Definitely recommended for anyone thats after a set.
Simon excellent - any pictures of them on?

(I've noticed Ultimate lighting don't have them in their ebay shop anymore though :/)
simon-g

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by simon-g »

kayone wrote:
simon-g wrote:

(I've noticed Ultimate lighting don't have them in their ebay shop anymore though :/)
Sure, ill get you some tonight when i get home.
kayone

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kayone »

simon-g wrote:
kayone wrote:
simon-g wrote: Just to let you know, the ones purchased off Ebay from ultimate-lighting, are very nice lights, extremely good value for money for a brand new set for £70. The quality is spot on and the fit is perfect. They utilise the OEM bulb holders too, so no issues there either. Definitely recommended for anyone thats after a set.

Sure, ill get you some tonight when i get home.

any luck fella? :D
simon-g

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by simon-g »

I havent forgot, ill definately put them up tomorrow, been a little busy.