where is the alarm backup batteries?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Tsuni

Z3 roadster 1.9

where is the alarm backup batteries?

Post by Tsuni »

My battery (new) keeps dying every night unless I unhook it. My brother is adiment that it is the alarm backup battery that has died and the alarm is draining my battery. He will sort it for me if I find out where the alarm backup battery is located.
Thank you - I have been searching this site for the last few hours and not found previous post that would help me.
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

I think the battery is inside the auxilliary mini-siren. I don't know where that is located.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

estocks wrote:I think the battery is inside the auxilliary mini-siren. I don't know where that is located.
Under the fuse/relay box at the rear near side of the engine. It has a security nut holding it which is a sod to remove and I had to get the dremel out to cut it off when I replaced my siren.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

You just wonder about a new poster if they are trying to work out how to nick a Z3 :?
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

OXO wrote:You just wonder about a new poster if they are trying to work out how to nick a Z3 :?
They'll do the same as every other car with a 128bit encypted immobiliser transponder key, and break into your house for the keys.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.