Anywhere else to look?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Anywhere else to look?

Post by Warrior »

Still searching for a Z3.

Further to earlier posts for information I pretty much know what i'm after but have been limited by rain, my wife being rushed into hospital for a few days and a shortage of places to look.

I look at Pistonheads every day, plus Ebay and Autotrader and most of the other sites just seem to take from the above.

So, are there any other sites worth a visit?
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Hi Warrior
You can always try the admag as not all garages advertise on the sites you have mentioned. I have seen Zeds for sale and when i have looked they are only on the dealers websites and in local papers.
Good hunting and hope you find what you are looking for.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Anywhere else to look?

Post by Titan »

Warrior wrote: I pretty much know what i'm after
If you let us know what you are looking for, there's a chance someone may see something a suitable and let you know :wink:
Image :devil:
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

http://www.parkers.co.uk have a for sale section.

I found my Z listed on ebay, autotrader, his own website and parkers.

It was listed £500 cheaper on Parkers, because he was in the process of upping the prices but hadn't quite made it to parkers. He honoured the parkers price though which was great!
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Thanks, i'll try Parkers........... 8-)

What am I looking for?

Budget wise I started looking at Zeds when I spotted a really high mileage one in good nick for less than £3500k and thought I could get mobile for that sort of money. :oops: Didn't know anything about the styles, widebody (a must) etc., until joining here. In the same way that I can never buy a basic camera, basic mobile phone or basic telephone, the list of preferred requirements has grown and my budget sits at £5k plus with an absolute top ceiling of £6k, taxed, tested, hpi'd and a resident dolly bird in the passenger seat :D

Preferred spec:.......

2.0 or 2.2L facelift model V, W, X Reg (Shying away from 1.9 as other posts suggest a bit of grunt and rumble starts at 2.0L)
M style seats, no baggy leather
Roll bars
Lowish miles, under 60k
Full Service history
Colourway:
Something that looks a bit snappy, Dark Green metallic with walnut dash and beige interior is a no no. :cry:

As an aside.............do prices rise significantly at this time of year and crash at the end of the 'season'?
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

Here you go this ticks all your boxes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-BMW-Z3-SPORT ... 3f0035584c

I have always been of the opinion that you need to travel to find a good car, luckily I found my zed locally but I was prepared to travel over to Bristol to look at one and the people who bought my old car came up from Portsmouth.

This local to me ( I think I have seen it driving around town ) and they dont come much 'snappier' than yellow 8-) if you were interested im sure we could provisionally check it out for you :wink:
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Many thanks Tori......... 8-)

I'd already spotted this one and e-mailed the seller to be told it has a reserve of £6800 and a possible buyer at £7k :(

Other than that it's spot on :head:
Tori

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tori »

:shock:

If it does meet his reserve and he changes is mind and comes back to you let us know and we still check it out for you :wink:
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Will do thanks 8-) :thumb: