Alarm question

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
beemz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Alarm question

Post by beemz »

Locking my Zed is usually followed by 2 beeps then she locks. Today she has started sounding a third extended beep. It still locks but the siren just went off after around 15 mins. If anyone here has any insight into this your help would be appreciated. It's the old type brick fob with a red button to lock and white to open if that helps. I also believe i have the standard alarm and immobiliser.
gelertd1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gelertd1 »

I've got the same alarm.

Same thing happened to mine recently - pressed the lock button on the remote, two beeps and central locking operated. Then a third longer beep.

When I checked I hadn't actually shut the boot, it was just down resting against the lock. Pressed the unlock button, car unlocked, shut the boot, pressed lock button everything worked OK.

I think the third beep is to warn you something is not shut - if everything is on yours, I wonder if one of the sensors has failed :?:
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

gelertd1 wrote: I think the third beep is to warn you something is not shut - if everything is on yours, I wonder if one of the sensors has failed :?:
gelertd1 is correct - one (or more) of your alarm sensors is activated and the alarm system is telling you by beeping at you. A common culprit is the bonnet sensor - try unplugging it and seeing if the problem goes away.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
beemz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by beemz »

Very helpful once again. Was the bonnet sensor. A few wiggles up and down and sorted. Thanks for the advice. :)