Nuts! Locking Wheel Nuts....

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Simes123

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Nuts! Locking Wheel Nuts....

Post by Simes123 »

About to remove the wheels on my Z3 and realise I've misplaced the locking wheel nut tool. Nuts. About to turn the house upside down, but if I have to, can I get a replacement from BMW?

Simon
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

You almost certainly will be able to get a replacement from a dealer, BUT they may want you to prove ownership of the vehicle. I'd phone them first to make sure they can help, but if you take the car, your V5 and some id along to your local dealer and ask at the parts/service desk you should get somewhere. They may not have one in stock, but if you are lucky they may have a set of their own, which will let you remove the locking nuts.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
KERMIT1970

M roadster S50

wheels nuts

Post by KERMIT1970 »

Yes you can get them from the dealer, i lost mine for my e46 went to dealer and the boys in the workshop helped me out. they seem to have lots of spare ones ! any way got one that fitted, dut you can order one they have master sets you can match yours up with.
Simes123

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Simes123 »

Thanks - handy to know, and no probs re proof of ownership - I have the V5 etc. I'm puzzled as to where it might be as I've not used it at all yet (only bought the car last year), and I'm sure it came with the car... I think!
KERMIT1970

M roadster S50

wheel nuts

Post by KERMIT1970 »

if it`s been to the dealer, it`s maybe in a bag in the work shop ! lol
Simes123

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Simes123 »

:head: :oops: :oops:

ok, was all set to down the BMW dealer this morning to try and buy a replacement wheelnut key. While eating my toast, I thought I'll just have a quick look on Ebay to see if they are available and get an idea of cost.

What do I see - a wheelnut key covered in splines, just like the odd tool I saw yesterday in the toolkit. I'd thought it was for something completely different as it didn't look like any of the wheelnut keys I've used previously. So problem solved, no new key required, and I feel a right chump.

:)

Thanks all..