Recomendations for magnetic rubber door dent guards?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Vijian

M roadster S50

Recomendations for magnetic rubber door dent guards?

Post by Vijian »

I am getting fed up with people causing dents on my door and have found some magnetic rubber door dent protectors online. Anyone found a suitable one for the Z3? Are they sold within the UK?

Regards,
Chris
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

I only know of the US ones from www.z3solutions.com - they are good though, I have a set
RachelM

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by RachelM »

We could pick some up for you and bring them back in September (coming over for the Yorks Cruise). JohnM posted a message offering this service to people recently - you may be able to find the right post somewhere.
Vijian

M roadster S50

Post by Vijian »

Thanks but i'm looking for one that's more like a square rubber sheet that covers a large part of the door that I can stick on when I park in a parking lot and store it away when driving. The Z3Solution ones look neat but I wonder if they are effective in protecting from dents
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Vijian wrote:The Z3Solution ones look neat but I wonder if they are effective in protecting from dents
Pretty much so - when I have used them I have been ding free - when I havent I have got dings :cry:
ogII

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by ogII »

Hi - I've been wondering about body armour as well and a spotted this as an answer to a readers letter in the paper at the weekend.

www.auto-unique.co.uk - Park Smart.

Given their odd looks they may be better suited to a Chris Bangle designed car but they look like they might be an answer.