Any Bikers?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
PaulZ4

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by PaulZ4 »

I just joined this forum to get support for our Z4 and straight away, I pick up that there are loads of bikers on here. This is good as it is the first love of my wife and myself.

I currently own a 1980 Yamaha XS1100 and a 1978 XS650 (since 1980)
My wife owns a Yamaha Vmax1200, 1978 XS650 (since 1983) and an XS650 hard tail project.

I feel at home already.

Paul
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

PaulZ4 wrote:I just joined this forum to get support for our Z4 and straight away, I pick up that there are loads of bikers on here. This is good as it is the first love of my wife and myself.

I currently own a 1980 Yamaha XS1100 and a 1978 XS650 (since 1980)
My wife owns a Yamaha Vmax1200, 1978 XS650 (since 1983) and an XS650 hard tail project.

I feel at home already.

Paul
Welcome to the forum Paul, yepp theres a few bikers on here, sadly I don't have one, would be nice to see some pics and of course the Zed :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
PaulZ4

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by PaulZ4 »

Hi Tim,

Thanks.

I did try and upload an image with the other post. He is the address of a link to my 650. I will get the hang of this posting lark one day.

http://www.bikersassociationofnorthdevo ... 50wyo.html

I will have to take some photos of the Z4 as it hasn't stopped raining for the 2 years we have had it here in Devon.

Paul[/url]
TomR61

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by TomR61 »

My babies.

Bit of a yamaha freak I'm afraid. :-)

jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Only a few bikes in my biking world from 1994 till about 4 years ago:

Kawasaki KMX200
Yamaha FZR400 Exup
Yamaha FZR600
Honda CBR400RR gull wing
Suzuki GSXR600
Aprilia Tuono

Then a gap before the Z came along!

jontymo
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
Annie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Annie »

What are you saying?
sidtheranger

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by sidtheranger »

Used to ride, for many years then got scared. There's just toooo many very blind drivers on these crowded, pitted, rutted, debris riddled Surrey roads. Lost a couple of good mates too.
Still, I had great fun riding when I did but now enjoying the Zed.
Here's my bikes starting in 1980.
Honda SS50 (lol) alway wanted a fizzie
Honda CB200 - Me & bike splattered by white van man
Honda 250 Dream - Not the Super Dream (passed my test on that baby)
Yamaha XS750 - blew the middle pot!
Triumph T120 chop - mad, candy-twist forks, no fun on corners
Norton Commando 850 - Caught fire,burnt to a cinder.
Kawazaki Z650 - best of the bunch
Honda 750 4 - Dull
Triumph T100R Daytona
Yamaha DT175
Yamaha XS650 - My last bike in 1999
There was a lot of ape-hanging going on with the handlebars in those days. Arms at ridiculous angles and heights. Great fun wobbling round the bends at Box Hill.
My Z650 was the bike that I really had the fun on. Scraping the pegs and Yoshi pipe. That old girl sure could handle.
Wow! it's all coming back - hmmm, might see how much I can get for the Z.............. :)
Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Annie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Annie »

Yet again to Muppett:

What are you saying?

Have the courage of your convictions to reply
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Annie wrote:Yet again to Muppett:

What are you saying?

Annie

This is not Muppett saying anything it is an article from the news the other day that implies the police are trying to mass convict if you are on a cruise and there is an accident never mind a death!!!

Jontymo
Wrinkley

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wrinkley »

Been obsessed with bikes since I was about 11 and never been without a bike since I was 16, so that's a total of 39yrs and around 80 bikes.

Current mounts are a 59 BMW R1200GS which is ridden all year in all weathers and used for pleasure and holidays.

Sat in the shed and cosseted like a new born baby,is a 2000 955i Daytona, the 595 shape. which is totally mint and does not get ridden until there is no chance of any salt on the roads,I do still ride it if it's raining but it gets a thorough clean after.

Joanne loves to be on the bike,but doesn't like to go away for more than six days on the bike,so I've agreed to a two weekTour through Germany Italy and France in the Z3 at the end of June,the up side is I'm off to Scotland on my bike for a week at the beggining of June.

Steve
Annie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Annie »

I felt quite shocked in regard to the blunt way that Muppett posted his link; if the intention was to point something out that could be of useful information to car drivers it was an odd way to do it, in view of it sticking out like a sore thumb amidst all the bike-related posts that had nothing to do with the subject matter of the link.

Maybe I get offended too easily; but hey free country (?)

Maybe a little thought and better accompanying comments wouldn't go amiss sometimes.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Nah, Muppet is just a man of few words. :wink:

Give him something shiney to play with, and he'll be happy. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Annie wrote:I felt quite shocked in regard to the blunt way that Muppett posted his link; if the intention was to point something out that could be of useful information to car drivers it was an odd way to do it, in view of it sticking out like a sore thumb amidst all the bike-related posts that had nothing to do with the subject matter of the link.

Maybe I get offended too easily; but hey free country (?)

Maybe a little thought and better accompanying comments wouldn't go amiss sometimes.
I'm not standing up for muppet but sometimes as we all know things can get misread or taken the wrong way and lets not forget we are the friendly bunch on this forum and we do not get to many riled responses to threads/posts so usually best to understand the comment 1st.

Also for us lot on here we had an incident on a cruise just before xmas when luckily no one was hurt just metal and pride and this new course of action the police are taking may require some thought and preparation on future cruises. :thumb:

jontymo
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

What are you saying?

what I was saying was here is an article from a news paper, what i was inferring watch yourself out there, I did used to have a bike and have seen people get caught up in the whole group of people out on a run thing.

slightly bemused by your reaction :zmurf:
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

Robert T wrote:Nah, Muppet is just a man of few words. :wink:

Give him something shiney to play with, and he'll be happy. :lol:

Cheers R.
Muppet like shiney things... ah the old CBR of past days :zmurf:
spanwah

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by spanwah »

muppet wrote:

What are you saying?

what I was saying was here is an article from a news paper, what i was inferring watch yourself out there, I did used to have a bike and have seen people get caught up in the whole group of people out on a run thing.

slightly bemused by your reaction :zmurf:
mate i was 2 mins after that accident last year we got diverted round and remember it well! you are right the police in yorkshire DO NOT LIKE BIKERS AT ALL and bikers also in groups get into brands hatch mode!
mid life crisis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by mid life crisis »

This was my pride & joy Yamaha Dragstar 1100, untill i tempted over to the Zedside

Still pine for her sometimes, :bawl: but the other half say`s i can only have 1 Mid Life Crisis at a time
grandparipper

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by grandparipper »

K100RS in holy sh$! red, plus I am building a 1978 Yamaha SR500 with cast off racing bits. The Z3 is a blast, but have you ever noticed that you never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office?
Sorry for the lack of photos on all of these.
segart

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by segart »

Another Trumpet rider here. 955i Sprint in the garage (ex Ducati rider now needing reliability). Off to Spain in May on a two week boys only bike trip (cant wait).
Rick
freck99

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by freck99 »

I've got a GSXR 1000 K7 and a Triumph Trophy 1200 at the mo.
Also got a CBR 1000F but that's in bits waiting for some TLC - it'll have to wait, too many vehicles to keep on top of! :roll:
billi

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by billi »

hi, another biker here i got a suzuki 600 bandit and bin around europe 3 times on it. last year went all the way to lake garda and through 7 countries. :D :D . roll on the summer 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Wrinkley

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wrinkley »

Wrinkley wrote:Been obsessed with bikes since I was about 11 and never been without a bike since I was 16, so that's a total of 39yrs and around 80 bikes.

Current mounts are a 59 BMW R1200GS which is ridden all year in all weathers and used for pleasure and holidays.

Sat in the shed and cosseted like a new born baby,is a 2000 955i Daytona, the 595 shape. which is totally mint and does not get ridden until there is no chance of any salt on the roads,I do still ride it if it's raining but it gets a thorough clean after.

Joanne loves to be on the bike,but doesn't like to go away for more than six days on the bike,so I've agreed to a two weekTour through Germany Italy and France in the Z3 at the end of June,the up side is I'm off to Scotland on my bike for a week at the beggining of June.

Steve

Just added a bmw G650 Xcountry to my shed,what an absolute hoot certainly puts a smile on your face and very capable greenlaner.

Steve
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Offence

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I don't think Muppet's link was anything to take offence at - it's a fact of life that the Group Riding (or Driving) Syndrome can make otherwise normal people take silly risks to keep up with the herd.

It potentially happens just as often with cars as it does with bikes, but discretion and physical limits do not restrict motorcyclists as much as it does with car drivers. (I hate the term 'Biker,' which always seems to denote a casual, and often scruffy rider)

I doubt if the law is restricted to motorcyclists, but many riders make themselves so obvious, and tend to think that they have a special dispensation to behave in a reckless fashion, ignoring niceties such as 'Keep Left' bollards, then whine when they are prosecuted.

To those who are offended by such comments, all I can say is that - if the cap fits - wear it!
Last edited by Mike Fishwick on Tue 24 May, 2011 07:03, edited 1 time in total.
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

I'm a Biker too. Just selling my Beloved Hayabusa which I've had for 10 years. The Z i'm going to buy is to be my new toy for a while. Had 9 bikes in all inc a Laverda Jota (I made some money on that one) but my Fav at present is a Aprillia Tuono I sold last year & regret mucho...nothing can stay with that
bike in the twisties :D

I miss it so &...... I sold it far too cheap.. but from wednesday I'm bikeless for the first time in 30 years dont know how I'm going to feel but at the moment I'm full of trepidation :bawl:
flames247

M roadster S50

Post by flames247 »

Be rude no to keep this thread going..

Me @ Santa Pod this year "Run what ya brung"

Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Muppet

I found that very informative
Me not being a bike rider

Offence taken, not here :roll:

Ray
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

flames247 wrote:Be rude no to keep this thread going..

Me @ Santa Pod this year "Run what ya brung"

I've probably seen you down there when I've been racing my busa.
WJMOD

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by WJMOD »

Had a few bikes including
BSA Bantam
BSA C12
BSA C15
BSA A50
Norton Jubilee
Francis Barnet
Matchless 350
Honda Monkey bike
Honda CB400N
Buell Thunderbolt

and now a Honda VTR Firestorm (Had to keep tightening all the nuts and bolts on the Buell every time i took it out) Wish i had kept some of the earlier bikes been worth a bit now.
Elt

M roadster S50

Post by Elt »

Hi Ive had loads of sports bikes and enduros over the years, I had a big off 4 years ago and never owned one since until this year when I fancied a change.... well that and an over weight middle aged bloke in leathers on a sports bike isn't a good look ! so I purchased a Yamaha xv 1900 midnight star black and chrome ofcourse :D