I need blanking plates, can anyone help?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
tgls

Z3 roadster 2.0

I need blanking plates, can anyone help?

Post by tgls »

Hi, I need some blanking plates for the dash. Anyone know where I can get these?
Thanks
T
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Sorry, what do you mean by 'blanking plates'? :?
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Assuming you mean Parts 8 and/or 9 ??

I'd go to my dealer for ease but others may have other suggestions
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
tgls

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by tgls »

parts 8 and 9 is spot on! Have looked all over Internet/Google and can't seem to locate.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Full List of Part numbers here

Note... that's for my 99 model, put the last 7 digits in the search for "personalised parts". If you go to dealers, get them to confirm part numbers.
tgls

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by tgls »

Thanks Snoops, I should be able to sort something with this information. Much appreciated.
T
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Hi, You can also find all parts with their part numbers at realoem.com by putting in the last seven digits of your car's VIN number. It's easy to find any part/nut/bolt on your car there.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Ah, I see snoops is learning how to post links to BMWFans. You're nearly there. If you copy the BBCode from the page it will put a link on the image so that when you click on the pic it takes you to the part numbers. Only thing to watch out for it that some of the image names contain the = sign and you need to replace each one with %3d for them to work on here. :wink:

As said, cheapest and most reliable place to get these (and other small parts) is your local BMW dealer's parts desk. Most things for the Z3 have to be ordered, but they only take a couple of days and they don't charge postage (unlike fleabay). Some will even post small items out to you.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Robert T wrote:Ah, I see snoops is learning how to post links to BMWFans. You're nearly there. If you copy the BBCode from the page it will put a link on the image so that when you click on the pic it takes you to the part numbers. Only thing to watch out for it that some of the image names contain the = sign and you need to replace each one with %3d for them to work on here. :wink:Cheers R.
Thank you, learning from the Expert :wink:
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Make sure you tell the dealer the model and year. Believe it or not the Blanks for the M are a different size to the others or it could be based on facelift and prefacelift.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."