kNOW OF ANYWHERE THAT SUPPLY AND FIT A NEW Z3 HOOD?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
simeon balsam

Z3 roadster 2.0

kNOW OF ANYWHERE THAT SUPPLY AND FIT A NEW Z3 HOOD?

Post by simeon balsam »

Im looking at getting a new hood! is there anyone you guys use near the bedford east anglia area im willing to travel though! at a decent price?
audiovideodisco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by audiovideodisco »

There's a company on evilbay that offer mohair hoods fitted for £499. They're based in Essex. The seller is called 'hothoods', I can't get the URL off mobile eBay, not sure if this'll work:
http://bit.ly/eRcY8d #ebaymobile

I've no idea what the quality is like but looks ok from the pictures.
northwestred

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by northwestred »

Be aware that these hoods come with a fixed rear window, not the usual zip in type that BMW supply. If it comes to having the rear window replaced in years to come it is much more expensive as the window has to be sewn in and neccesitates removing the hood from the car.
Thought you should be prewarned before parting with your cash. :wink:
Conversations should be like a young Lady's skirt - Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep your'e interest....
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

www.soft-tops.co.uk
they fitted a new hood on my zm,they come to you at a small extra cost,after 4 years the hood was still perfect,remember most will have a rear window that does not zip out
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

I've been promising myself a new hood since last year, but would really like one with a zip in window, can you get these as aftermarket or are they an OEM option only?
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport