My First Zed!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

My First Zed!

Post by Evs87 »

Hey Guys,

I have just bought my first z3 and loving every minute of it! Weather has been perfect since I have had it, top down every day :) It has 73000 on the clock with full BMW serivce history. It is due for an oil service so going to get it done with the MOT end of July.
I gave it a good clean last weekend and went to take some photos but my camera battery died so took some on my phone to upload. Not the best quality so will take some more in the next day or 2.

swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

very nice...welcome to the forum :wink:
the badness makes me do it...!

Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Congratulations on your first Zed Evs87 and welcome to the forum :wave
Image :devil:
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

Nice looking car there mate :) , welcome.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

A welcome from me too :wave best colour for the zed, and i am biased :D nice to see the black population increasing, zeddy wise that is :D

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Evs87 »

Cheers guys! I want to get it de-tangoed so will be looking around for a few DIY's soon! Any recommendations for the head/rear lights or would it be easier to buy a set?
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Hello and welcome.
Good buy.
Good bye (just sold mine :bawl: )
zedwheels

Z1 Alpina Roadster

Post by zedwheels »

Hello there Evs87 big welcome from nearby, hope to see you around and about one day. :drive Has been real top down weather lets hope it keeps up. Welcome to the zed club. :cheers
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

Welcome to another welsh zedder. We could get a meet at this rate :wink:
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Welcome to the forum :wave

Gary
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Evs87 »

Cheers guys! Ill keep an eye out for you zedwheels, as I work in the Bridgend area and my parents live in Porthcawl!
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Guys !!!! Guys!!!!! Guys!!!!! and Girls :bawl:

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Evs87 »

Sorry Gill :oops: Will keep it in mind next time :wink:
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

Welcome along. Nice Z pal. Love the colour combo. Not really feeling the number plate though. Get a nice clean standard one and without the BMW decal on the plate.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Evs87 wrote:Cheers guys! I want to get it de-tangoed so will be looking around for a few DIY's soon! Any recommendations for the head/rear lights or would it be easier to buy a set?
Welcome on Board :D

Re the lights, the "easiest" mod for a pre facelift is to fit ///M lights front and back which have clear lenses but they are expensive even second hand as they are a popular mod.

You can "detango" the fronts (by baking them in the oven, there is a great how to if you search)

You can also fit later post facelift "sport" model headlights (headlights are same fit across all years) but again these are same as ///M prices.

Or you can fit aftermarket headlights (search HALO AND PROJECTOR for a guide in the knowledgebase) and rears (www.justroadster.com) or ebay.

The side indicators and bumper lights again either ///M or sport from dealers / second hand or aftermarket on eBay.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Evs87 »

Jonttt wrote:
Evs87 wrote:Cheers guys! I want to get it de-tangoed so will be looking around for a few DIY's soon! Any recommendations for the head/rear lights or would it be easier to buy a set?
Welcome on Board :D

Re the lights, the "easiest" mod for a pre facelift is to fit ///M lights front and back which have clear lenses but they are expensive even second hand as they are a popular mod.

You can "detango" the fronts (by baking them in the oven, there is a great how to if you search)

You can also fit later post facelift "sport" model headlights (headlights are same fit across all years) but again these are same as ///M prices.

Or you can fit aftermarket headlights (search HALO AND PROJECTOR for a guide in the knowledgebase) and rears (www.justroadster.com) or ebay.

The side indicators and bumper lights again either ///M or sport from dealers / second hand or aftermarket on eBay.
Thanks Jonttt! I will have a browse around and see if I can find any bargains. :)
Sheri3663

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Sheri3663 »

Hi
My zed is pre facelift so don't think the interior surrounding the dials match.
I did get some carbon fibre so when I CBS I'll try it on a piece of the old interior and see how it looks
:)