instruments still not working - help!!!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

instruments still not working - help!!!

Post by pedro20001 »

trying to sort out my moms 1999 2.0 instruments for her, to cut a long story short, she was jump started last year by direct line breakdown who went straight to the battery :head: Her temp and fuel gauge packed up for a couple of days and then started working :) . About a month ago, it all went pear shaped, rev counter, fuel, temp and mileage changed to km's. Sent clocks to bba reman who said eprom was knackered so clocks are scrap :(
contacted quarry motors who sent out secondhand set and reset mileage - fitted and ...... fuel gauge seems to work but no rev counter and temp gauge only moves about 3mm and stops.
did self test and all dials go all the way around so am at a complete loss.

oh, i checked wire harnesses behind clocks and couldnot see any damage or chafing, i have wrapped these with protective pvc sheet and checked the 4 fuses which seem ok. :head:
also checked boot wire harness as noticed fuse for instruments is same as boot light and found 2 cut wires so repaired but no change :head:
please can you help, the car is great condition otherwise, she has had it for 9 years and wouldnot swap it for anything else
stevesace

blank.gif

Post by stevesace »

What does the rpm and coolant temp show in test step 7. After unlocking at 19?
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pedro20001 »

sorry, can't check till tomorrow; just a thought, would the clocks need coding to the car or can you just match the numbers on the stickers?
thanks for any advice