Whats best about your Z & Which Z is your Favorite

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Bill-

blank.gif

Whats best about your Z & Which Z is your Favorite

Post by Bill- »

Do you like your model because it ecomonical, fast, prettier than that other type, what :)

and

whats the best colour :|
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

You have no idea what you've started by giving the great colour debate a thread of its own :shock: I'll start by saying that the best colour is clearly red :twisted: I definitely didn't buy my 2.8 because it's economical, I have a little cry inside every time my friend mentions the 65mpg he gets from his diesel!
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

XVar wrote: I have a little cry inside every time my friend mentions the 65mpg he gets from his diesel!
ha ha that made me laugh mate. I can understand that totally :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Bill- on Fri 27 May, 2011 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Is the 1.9 much better on petrol? Anybody had more than one type of Z
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by VinceR »

I've a black 2.2i, love the colour, but I'm a fan of most colours - except red, I just hate that colour! (No offence). My average mpg is 22, not great, but I don't care. If I want to drive economically I'll drive my A3 2.0 TDi sportback.
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Bill- wrote:Is the 1.9 much better on petrol? Anybody had more than one type of Z
As you can see from my signature pics, I have a 2.8 and get about 25 - 28mpg with some more spirited driving, but up to 35mpg on a run. We took it to Cornwall for a week last September and returned about 33mpg for the trip, including motorway miles there and part of the way back, cruising at around the 70mph mark.

Engine technology seems to have changed (through necessity perhaps) recently and manufacturers are squeezing better performance and economy from smaller engines, but I think in the case of the Zed, to get respectable performance out of a 1.9, it will need some heavy use of the right pedal and fuel economy will suffer as a consequence.

The extra torque of the bigger engines will reduce the need to change to lower gears as frequently for overtaking etc. and I would imagine that the the economy when travelling over the same route in one of he smaller engined Zeds, travelling at a similar pace, probably wouldn't be that different.

If you are looking for good fuel economy from a Zed, you're probably looking at the wrong car, besides, the sound of a six cylinder motor is so much more satisfying than a four pot!! :wink:

As for colour, not silver for me. I've owned silver cars and bikes in the past, but no matter how much you polish them, they never stand out as much as a darker colour, especially when clean. If we are only talking about Zeds, Fiji green is a definate no no!

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
Ferdinand

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Ferdinand »

Best exterior colour: Sterling silver or white
Best interior colour: Black or beige leather.
Milage: 7-10l/100 Km - waiting to install my cruise control but too busy with work etc..

Best tyres: Round ones with lots of thread!
Currently running on 205/55 R16 91W Continental SportContact2.... because the old 17 inch's were worn out and a new set of BMW Styling 46 rims with almost brand new tyres were cheaper.... 16" actually offers greater comfort...

Best engine: 3.0i.... why? because you can get it with a Steptronic automatic gearbox :D
Ferdinand

BMW 3.0iA Sport Edition 08/2002 - iPod kit, CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger & Protek Protector Roof Cover ;o)
Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE 03/2000, Webasto preheater and CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger
Citroën Xsara 2.0 110 Hdi Prestige hatchback with VTS alloys, Musketier rear spoiler and Webasto preheater
Volvo 144 1.8 B18 09/1967

http://www.zroadster.org
http://www.zroadster.net
http://www.z3-roadster-forum.de
http://www.z3-forum.de
http://www.zroadster.com
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Best thing about my zed is that its mine! :wink: oh and that its how i want it and gets me around 30mpg... Its a 2.8, i wouldnt says its super fast but not slow either.

My favorite Zed would be a Black Z3M with Red/Black interior... Maybe one day i`ll get one :bawl:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Best thing about mine,

Everything, brings a smile to your face on every drive. :D

I see it as a hobby, not just a car.

Doing little jobs on it now and again.

Had a red M before, looked good polished!

Now have a silver one! (Silver shows less marks :head: than any other colour).

Spend more money on it that the GF! :D :D :D :D :D

Have to justify spending on the GF not on the car! :D :D :D :D :D

Badman

The 'BEAST' 666
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Badman gee wrote:
Spend more money on it that the GF!

Have to justify spending on the GF not on the car!
:roflmao:

Be careful... if she reads that she`ll make you sleep in it!!......

Thinking about it would that be a bad thing :puzzle: :P
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

A good thing!!

Looking forward to next week mate.

Finally got the car back after a week (Wheels Refurbed and spoiler resprayed).

Few jobs to do including roof dye application and a Clay and polish.

As well as:

Chrome door handles

New Gear Knob

New Badges,

Still not happy with the back window (Might get a new one later)

Badman

The 'BEAST' 666
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

What's best about mine?

I'll keep the list short:
- The exhaust note when hitting 4.5k revs in 3rd gear after an STP fuel injector cleaner treatment
- Treated with respect (6k miles between oil changes) I rarely have expensive maintenance bills
- Rare colour combo (so far I've only found 3 of it's type in the country) and the best in my opinion on a Z

The only gripe I have is that it isn't a 2.8 which would be my ideal.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

Ihad a 1.9 and loved it and now have a Z3M and its it so different to drive, there is such a smooth accelleration yet it feels safer than the 1.9 and more comfortable with the racing seats. would never go back to a lesser engined car after owning this one. Oh and its the best colour- Estoril blue metallic. :wink: The miles per gallon -who cares. 8-)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

:D this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

All Z3's are nice, but I like mine especially (Surprise!). It's not a speed machine, being a 1.9, but I wouldn't say it's slow either.
It has huge amounts of 'Grin factor' for me when I drive it, & isn't too bad on fuel.
I really love the colour too, it's Sterling Grey with a red & black leather interior & the chrome pack.
I don't see many other Sterling Grey Z3's around... Usually z4's in that colour.
Does anyone know if there are figures anywhere on the net about how many were made in various colours, engine sizes etc etc? Just a thought. Might be interesting to read..
T48 TRE

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by T48 TRE »

Silver is the colour for me, and I get a lot of satisfaction out of my Zed, I like the power, although it is not terribly fast, and it gets up to speed quickly, and with a lovely exhaust note. That probably costs me money as I hold the gear for longer than I should just to hear the growl. It is a 2.2 which is ample for me, easy on the insurance, and not too bad on milage, as long as I am sensible. Like when driving SHMBO.
Albert
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

The engine, 2.2 and it's mine :D
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Sitting on the edge of the patio, at eye level with the rear wing looking down the side and thinking how aesthetically pleasing it looks. In fact a good night for me is sipping a beer on a summers eve whilst looking at my Zed, finishing off with a quick look at Shakiras legs on You Tube when she's doing her 'Shewolf' thing. :D

Pure magic.............and if asked i'd struggle to choose a favourite bit of bodywork... :oops:

Plus, being relatively new to zedding, 3 months, i'm thoroughly enjoying the hoodless experience, the 3.0i engine note and the acceleration.