multi car insurance Help

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Bill-

blank.gif

multi car insurance Help

Post by Bill- »

Help needed please,

Anybody out there point me to a good broker that does multi car policies, my company doesn't do multi (2) & wants a kings ransom to insure the Z3 I want

I'm old ffs :nerd:
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Try Admiral / Bell
They are allegedly sister companies but one refused to quote me and the other gave an unbelievable deal :puzzle:
Image :devil:
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by VinceR »

Direct Line also offer a discount for ensuring a 2nd car .. have any '06 A3 & '01 Z3 insured with them fully comp for <£1k p.a.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I'll second admiral, very reasonable rates for me and the girlfriend
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

im with churchill on a multi car for me and mrs... no one else could touch them!
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
RemarkLima

M roadster S50

Post by RemarkLima »

I belive Churchhill, Admiral, Bell, Elephant and a few others are all part of the same group, and you can "multicar" between them.

My other car was insured with Bell, and I received a decent quote for the MR through Admiral, a quick call later and they matched my existing no claims from the other policy and gave the multicar discount on both, so all in all, pretty happy :D
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

L V are great BMW 525d 03 and my z £440 for both full comp
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
MickJ

Z4 sDrive35iS

Post by MickJ »

si-forks wrote:L V are great BMW 525d 03 and my z £440 for both full comp
That's interesting, I am with LV and have a '11 plate 520SE Tourer & '98 2.8 Z3 for around £700 for the two, sounds like I need to renegotiate next renewal.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

MickJ wrote:
That's interesting, I am with LV and have a '11 plate 520SE Tourer & '98 2.8 Z3 for around £700 for the two, sounds like I need to renegotiate next renewal.
I've been with LV for years but you definitely have to negotiate each year.

I get my quotes through for my 2 cars and I go on the net and get the net price, which is usually combined appx £200 cheaper at least, then I ring them and complain to get price match and get another bit of discount because I argue they should look after existing customers too, not just entice new ones.

Have to do it every year, about to do it this weekend, it's a bit annoying but hey if it saves me tons of money I'll do it. It's just the way insurance companies work.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
MickJ

Z4 sDrive35iS

Post by MickJ »

snoops wrote:
MickJ wrote:
I've been with LV for years but you definitely have to negotiate each year.

I get my quotes through for my 2 cars and I go on the net and get the net price, which is usually combined appx £200 cheaper at least, then I ring them and complain to get price match and get another bit of discount because I argue they should look after existing customers too, not just entice new ones.

Have to do it every year, about to do it this weekend, it's a bit annoying but hey if it saves me tons of money I'll do it. It's just the way insurance companies work.
Lol, I already do that, like you have been with them for years, their stock answer though for the Net quote is that 'it is written differently' nearly always get them down, I take it both your cars come up for renewal at the same time mine are a few months apart. Mind you insurance has gone up this year a fair bit.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

MickJ wrote:Lol, I already do that, like you have been with them for years, their stock answer though for the Net quote is that 'it is written differently' nearly always get them down, I take it both your cars come up for renewal at the same time mine are a few months apart. Mind you insurance has gone up this year a fair bit.
I agree they always say that but they always price match and then a little bit more off. Yes both cars are due renewal and have different drivers on them i.e. daughter on my runaround 1.6 golf.

This years combined quote was only £46 more than last years renewal so not much of an increase there.

On line quote is £239 less than paper quote so my insurance is going to be at least £193 less than last years renewal, however my daughter is 1 year older so that might account for some of the difference but i doubt all of it.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Cost to much for me but a good guy on here put me onto RH Insurance, on a 5k mileage £203

Crazy that the cheapest after this was £591 for 8k mileage so cheaper to run mileage out and reinsure!

Jontymo
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"