Blonde female

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Emz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Blonde female

Post by Emz »

Needing suggestions...

I recently bought a 1998 z3. Its got a new battery, however if I leave it more than a few days then the battery dies. I disconnected the boot light as it wasnt switching off and thought it might be draining it, however I just went to start it there and the battery is dead again!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

If the battery was drained by the boot light then there could be a couple of issues:

1) its not had chance to charge up properly, really you should use a trickle charger to recharge fully and not rely on running the car and using its alternator.

2) the battery has lost its retention ability either through age or by being run down flat

3) there could be another factor running the battery down and not the boot light

You can get the battery checked :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster

Post by Guest »

It is either a bad earth or a dud battery.

If it is the battery, then it may also be the alternator that is faulty too, and is not providing the battery with enough charge.

Best way I find in these circumstances is to call the RAC or AA, (if you have a friend that is a member, if you are not, it is normally the person that is covered not the car), they will test the circuit and confirm. Free diagnosis!!
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

its the battery :shock:

get a new one