Getting My First Z Friday 1st

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Bill-

blank.gif

Getting My First Z Friday 1st

Post by Bill- »

Getting more exited as time goes by, I'm having a little adventure getting it too which involves walking 3 miles to my local station through woodland & country lanes.
Train to
Victoria, (I live in Wrotham Heath, Kent) Walk 2.6 miles to Euston. Train to Northampton & overnight stay with my Lady..
Northampton Train Friday morning to Lancaster, changing at
Birmingham New Street Station. previous Z owner picking me up at station & then a ride back to kent (over 300 miles I'm going to zig zag through the dales & peaks & lovely country roads

cant wait....my new old car

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2891732.htm

am i now a Hairdresser :lol: :D
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

Looks like a nice car Bill but It is no way a Z3M as a Z3m was not made in the facelift shape and it doesn't look like an //M, (have seen a few come on here thinking they were buying something they were not)

Steve
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

I know its not a z3m but it has what is called a M sports pack Its a lovely example tho, I'll find out about the extras properly on here tho thanks for the answers :D
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

looks nice with low millage ;-)

what happened to the 3.0?
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

Thats ok then, just didn't want you to buy the wrong car as many people have come on here believing they have bought an ///M because of a few stickers to find out they have not.

Steve
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

Well done Bill, I'm liking the wheels.
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Glad you have eventually found one, pity about Dicanios as that would of been a cracker at that price, if you could get to buy it :D
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Depending how far up you are you want to have a trip over Tan hill some brill roads all over that way and all the way down to Ashbourne.
Enjoy your drive back.
bill
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Z3cade wrote:looks nice with low millage ;-)

here

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6&start=50
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Bill- wrote:
Z3cade wrote:looks nice with low millage ;-)

here chaps

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6&start=50
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

macca wrote:Well done Bill, I'm liking the wheels.
thanks macca..

No worries steve. I've been a great fan of BMW cars since about 13 years old, my dad had a early 30si from new in 1972 i think then a 30csi about a year later & finally a 633 csi I have owned a fabulous e34 530 V8 fully loaded in the past. I love the marque & dislike m badged lesser cars with a passon
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

billz wrote:Depending how far up you are you want to have a trip over Tan hill some brill roads all over that way and all the way down to Ashbourne.
Enjoy your drive back.
bill
mmm I'll look.. went to Ashbourne with some biker mates a couple of years ago for 3 days fantastic chip shop in the square as i remember, I'll look up tan hill.. also there is also the cat & fiddle pub but its swarming with coppers all the time these days..
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

billz wrote:Glad you have eventually found one, pity about Dicanios as that would of been a cracker at that price, if you could get to buy it :D
bill
yes I keep thinking i should haver gone for a 3 ltr :oops:
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

There is a nice pub at Tan hill the highest in England. Great food and scenery
bill
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Looks like a nice car at a good price.

It made me laugh when I saw that a few weeks ago advertised in the Z3m section and described as a Z3m but that works in your favous as people looking for non ///M's would not have looked in this section :D

The 2.2's are great (my brother had one) :drive

ps even though it has some sport parts fitted I don't think its a 2.2 sport version as so far as I know they all had clear 3rd brake lights which was the easy tell :rtm:

Model options / Price list

2001 Brochure
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Jonttt wrote:Looks like a nice car at a good price.

It made me laugh when I saw that a few weeks ago advertised in the Z3m section and described as a Z3m but that works in your favous as people looking for non ///M's would not have looked in this section :D

The 2.2's are great (my brother had one) :drive
Thats exactly what I thought when i saw it Johnnit its such a little minter. If it had been in the main Z3 section it would have gone quickly. the thing about the previous owners (no disrespect to them mind) they seem great with the body & interior but seemed to know very little about the mechanics, the first thing I'm going to do when i get home is all liquids & filters ... top quality oils all round & give the engine bay a bloody good cleaning
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Nice looking Zed Bill hope you enjoy it. I suspect the seats have been retrofitted as they are definatly ///M seats and not fitted as an option I don't think, very nice though.

Look forward to what you think when you get your hands on it.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Thanks aceman :) re the seats, I have the original BMW sales invoice & they were factory fitted along with lots of other bits. I'm begining to feel pretty lucky :D :D :D :D
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Yep they do look like real ///M seats rather than the "sport" seats so you've saved yourself c£500 for a well worth it and popular upgrade, the ///M seats are ace :D

Just make sure the heated switches work as some people fit them but don't connect the heaters :head:
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

The heated seats do work. I've been out in it last sunday (& yes I drove up there to test drive it & buy it) 8-) the seats & everything else was fitted at the BMW factory in Germany Honest

If i could scan the sales invoice from Ian Anthony Bolton Ltd & put it up here i would there are 10 extra items on there
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Bill, thats cool. I've seen non Z3's that have had the ///M mirrors as rare factory fit options so I'm sure BMW would have fitted any ///M accessory at factory on request. They would just have been very costly and so very rare as factory fit.

May have been a dealer spec car or a customer who knew exactly what they wanted and was prepared to pay for it :D
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

Hey bill that looks like a really good buy there and the //M seats look great bet your excited i couldn't sleep the night before i picked mine up :P
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

I'm like that now Daz & I have a vat return to do before I leave tomorrow morning
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

Bill- wrote:I'm like that now Daz & I have a vat return to do before I leave tomorrow morning
Now don't go rushing something as important as that :D
Have a nice trip and don't forget to get some piccies up asap!
Zaskar

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zaskar »

Bill- wrote:yes I keep thinking i should haver gone for a 3 ltr :oops:
I wouldn't worry - I recently bought a 2.2 having set out looking for a 3.0. The 2.2 engine is a peach (as others have commented on the forum) and for my money provides enough performance for most occasions....it suits the car well.

Enjoy it :D

It looks likes you found an excellent example - and at a stonking price (I can't say I'm not a little envious of the price you paid for the age/mileage compared to what I paid back in Feb - prices certainly seem to have softened from what I've seen...).
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

That is good you have the original sales invoice so you can add some provenance to the extras fitted.

Well done on finding as what I described in another thread as a "Peach". :D
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
amancuso

Z3 roadster 2.3

Post by amancuso »

Bill- wrote:The heated seats do work. I've been out in it last sunday (& yes I drove up there to test drive it & buy it) 8-) the seats & everything else was fitted at the BMW factory in Germany Honest

If i could scan the sales invoice from Ian Anthony Bolton Ltd & put it up here i would there are 10 extra items on there
I think you meant to say "... fitted at the BMW factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA."

:)
2000 Z3 2.3 Topaz Blue Metallic over Black and Sandbeige leather.
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

yes sorry :oops:
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pedro20001 »

looks same as mine, 2001 titanium silver, 37k miles, blue hood, air con, blue m seats, type 32 17" staggered wheels, power hood and lsd, all ordered new from factory. Great spec with only cruise and headlamp wash missing, you will enjoy driving and i average 31 mpg with about 25% town and the rest fast a road commute, ride is a little firm with m suspension when compared to my mums standard 2.0 on 16" wheels but sure grips well :!:
enjoy :D
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pedro20001 »

looks same as mine, 2001 titanium silver, 37k miles, blue hood, air con, blue m seats, type 32 17" staggered wheels, power hood and lsd, all ordered new from factory. Great spec with only cruise and headlamp wash missing, you will enjoy driving and i average 31 mpg with about 25% town and the rest fast a road commute, ride is a little firm with m suspension when compared to my mums standard 2.0 on 16" wheels but sure grips well :!:
enjoy :D
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Going to Winchelsea in a minute to view Spike milligans grave & have brekkie in Hastings :D