Rubber filler cap surround holding water

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
woodsta888

Z3 roadster 2.0

Rubber filler cap surround holding water

Post by woodsta888 »

Hi all,

The rubber around the petrol filler cap inside the wing is holding water. I have run my finger around and cant find a drain hole to unblock with a pipe cleaner. When it rains or rinse the car it is full up. If I drill a hole through it will I be filling up the inside of the wing or is there another fix for this? If there is a drain tube where does it come out?

Thanks in advance
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

I would have thought that if there is no drain hole then the fix would be to stop the water getting in in the first place. What's the rubber seal like on the filler flap?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Very common problem. There is a small hole in the back wall of the rubber sock at the lowest point. This often gets crud in it and needs cleaning out every now and then. There should be a thread on here with some picks of both the hole and the drain pipe under the car, but I'm not awake enough to find them at the minute! :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Top man robert :)
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Have a look at Frank's post in THISthread
As robertT says it's a common problem but once you've found abd cleaned it a quick squirt with the hose pipe each wash and should stay clear ;)
Image :devil:
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

I put an occasional squirt of Gunk degreaser and flush it through with a kettle of recently boiled water. Hasn't blocked for some time now.