Central Locking Question

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Central Locking Question

Post by VinceR »

Hi,

Have done a search, as well as looking in the knowledge base, but have not found an answer to my question .. so here goes ..

When locking/unlocking the car via the key fob, all is ok - that is, the car locks/unlocks as expected. But only when I lock do the lights flash. Is this normal? If not is it an easy fix? Thanks.

/vince ..
77Si

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by 77Si »

Hi Vince, my indicators only flash when I lock - not when I unlock, I think it's more a security thing so that if you are being followed no-one would know what car you are approaching - apart from mine makes a quite a racket when it unlocks and draws enough attention to itself!
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Same here :)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

On the later alarm the indicators only flash on locking and not unlocking. This is as stated to avoid attracting attention in a car park. In a dark car park, the third button can be used to turn on the interior light (assuming you have it in the door activated position). If the indicators do flash when you unlock the car, it means that the alarm has been triggered since it was locked.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by VinceR »

Thanks for the info, much appreciated .. it just seemed odd & different to every other car that I've owned/own .. but happy with that.