I've had my Z3 vinyl wrapped.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Noobmuch

Z3 roadster 1.9i

I've had my Z3 vinyl wrapped.

Post by Noobmuch »

So my friend wrapped my car for me and it's ******* awesome. It's ashame that my wheels are so poor, I'm looking for your opinions on what colour I should have my wheels sprayed.

All opinions on my new look are welcome, good or bad. :P

I'll get some better pictures once I can get a better location, I only got it back tonight so it's kind of a rush job. Plus my friend snapped a wing mirror taking it off! (It was ceased)
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Get them powder coated in shadow chrome.

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Could I ask how much it cost to wrap the car?

Thanks

The 'BEAST' 666
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I admire the "different" look but to be honest on the pics it just looks unfinished but I guess I like my cars shiney :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Noobmuch

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Noobmuch »

Badman gee wrote:Could I ask how much it cost to wrap the car?

Thanks
I've not paid for it yet but the guy is my best friend so I'm gonna get an exceptional price!

I can find how much he'd charge a stranger if you like.

I think it will look finished once its wheels have their shine. :)
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

wrap

Post by si-forks »

looks very good 8-) but why did he not do the mirrors :?: or is in just the picture , ive had a quote for my Z @ A place in Coventry of £400 gloss black :) also does the wrap show any small dents in doors :?: or does it cover them
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Re: wrap

Post by macca »

si-forks wrote:looks very good 8-) but why did he not do the mirrors :?: or is in just the picture , ive had a quote for my Z @ A place in Coventry of £400 gloss black :) also does the wrap show any small dents in doors :?: or does it cover them
It doesn't look like the mirrors are wrapped as you can see reflections in the paint.
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

Noobmuch wrote:

Thanks
I've not paid for it yet but the guy is my best friend so I'm gonna get an exceptional price!

:devil: Badman. I can't imagine you having your Zed wrapped in anything but cotton wool :shock:
Mike & Sandy - Mora Metallic Individual 2.0L

IMG_1038.jpg~originalImage
Ferdinand

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Ferdinand »

Silver is still the best colour for any wheel...

Gills and mirrors: carbon fibre wrapping or matt silver look - maybe even the same matt silver colour for the rims.
Ferdinand

BMW 3.0iA Sport Edition 08/2002 - iPod kit, CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger & Protek Protector Roof Cover ;o)
Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE 03/2000, Webasto preheater and CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger
Citroën Xsara 2.0 110 Hdi Prestige hatchback with VTS alloys, Musketier rear spoiler and Webasto preheater
Volvo 144 1.8 B18 09/1967

http://www.zroadster.org
http://www.zroadster.net
http://www.z3-roadster-forum.de
http://www.z3-forum.de
http://www.zroadster.com
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

As an old codger can you explain what exactly is this wrapping :?
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

mich wrote:As an old codger can you explain what exactly is this wrapping :?
Its were you use any left over wrapping paper to stcik on your car. I'm saving up Christmas paper to do mine in January :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Sticky backed plastic to an old codger :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

EnthuZiaZT wrote:
Noobmuch wrote:

Thanks

:devil: Badman. I can't imagine you having your Zed wrapped in anything but cotton wool :shock:
:roflmao:

I think with a nice deep dish set of 18s or just lowering with you current wheels it will look great :wink:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Cotton wool or silk! I'm glad its not parked in london!

The 'BEAST' 666

Post by Guest »

Not one for me, to my eye looks primered, but if you like it, that's all that matters. :)
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

Going with the Blue peter theme - I would go for ...

Apologies Noobmuch :)
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

Fred Gazza what a waist of moany may as well use a frenchy :roll: or strawberry jam, btw why cant I see the quote bbutonn?!? wtf I got it nnow it fell of f the ff edge of me screan
Noobmuch

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Noobmuch »

LOL @ the pic above

The mirrors aren't wrapped but will be eventually. I think I'm gonna go for silver on the wheels.

It really does look stunning in person :D
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

Sorry dont like it and Mich your nuts :wink:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

get ready folkes, z3 cade is going to post some pictures of a white wrapped m, very soon i suspect!!!

And the bonus of a noble.

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Personally I preferred the Z4 on here that had the same treatment, kinda looked meaner, my only concern would be school kids chalking all over it, but I guess thats not so much a worry as these days they go on riots and looting sprees instead!!!

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
pete59

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by pete59 »

not for me,looks like non stick bakeing tin,sorry

Post by Guest »

Its an ethnic singing style, from the USA, that also looks good on cars.............shame its not Silver............... :lol:
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Q. What do you call 365 condoms rolled into a tyre shape?
A. A Good Year

When I look at this car, can't help but think of condom jokes, don't know why. :roll:
Z3 3.0, Ford ST220, Jaguar XK8, Mr2 GT Turbo, Fiat Bravo HGT, Cavalier, Astra convertible, MK1 Astra GTE, XR3i, E21 323i, XR3, Cavalier, VW Jetta, Rover SDi, Capri 2.0S, Audi 80 GTE, another Cavalier, brown Astra van, Citroen GS Club (we all had to start somewhere).
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

Evmundo wrote:
Its an ethnic singing style, from the USA, that also looks good on cars.............shame its not Silver............... :lol:
:devil: As another old codger, I can remember in the sixties, when they used to wrap cars, but in wallpaper, to cover the rust. I remember seeing a Ford Anglia in a very fetching floral pattern and a Lotus Europa in green bais!! 8-) Can't say I was that impressed then.
Mike & Sandy - Mora Metallic Individual 2.0L

IMG_1038.jpg~originalImage
zopar

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU
Location: East of Chester when in Cheshire & Twixt Brough and Hull in Yorkshire

Post by zopar »

I'm unsure if I like it or not - the body work must be in good condition for it to be wrapped, or the defects would show through?

So if it is in good condition why wrap it?

The colour reminds me of the american black stelth looking spy planes.

Hmm!
The first sighting of out BAT at the garage
Tom

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Tom »

What happened to flock finishes they were all the thing in the 70's
Noobmuch

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Noobmuch »

zopar wrote:I'm unsure if I like it or not - the body work must be in good condition for it to be wrapped, or the defects would show through?

Hmm!
Many reasons if I'm being honest.

The body work is in pretty decent condition bar the inevitable bonnets stone chips. The Carbon fibre wrapping in the centre of the bonnet has completely covered this.

It's different, the majority of people who have seen it in real life love it, I've even heard people commenting on it when I've been sat in my front room. :D

My friend has only just started doing this, he's charged me hardly anything and It has already earned him two jobs. :)

I'm gonna get my wheels done soon, I'll update this thread and win the haters over when it's done. :D

The fact that it looks like a spy plane is a good thing right?
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

Would love to see the stone chips close up after they were covered to see what it looks like.
zopar

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by zopar »

Noobmuch wrote:
zopar wrote:I'm unsure if I like it or not - the body work must be in good condition for it to be wrapped, or the defects would show through?

Hmm!

The body work is in pretty decent condition bar the inevitable bonnets stone chips. The Carbon fibre wrapping in the centre of the bonnet has completely covered this.

It's different, the majority of people who have seen it in real life love it, I've even heard people commenting on it when I've been sat in my front room. :D

My friend has only just started doing this, he's charged me hardly anything and It has already earned him two jobs. :)

I'm gonna get my wheels done soon, I'll update this thread and win the haters over when it's done. :D

Now you mention Carbon Fibre wrapping (not the plastic I had in mind). Now that looks decent and your pictures do not highlight the nice finish that can be achieved.

Someone mentioned what it would cost - don't ask would be the reply, the cost of Carbon Fibre cloth aint cheap.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

I remember an Art Gallery that I went to 30 odd years ago where there was a 'Holden HQ' wrapped in roofing iron, now that was impressive and a pretty good defence against stones :lol:
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

I do like the look but would probably change the badges to the black and white carbon look ones. Also do they do inside the door jams?

I also think that the roof needs something doing to it as it looks old compared to the wrapped bodywork. Could you get a hard top and get it wrapped to complete the look?
zopar

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by zopar »

mich wrote:I remember an Art Gallery that I went to 30 odd years ago where there was a 'Holden HQ' wrapped in roofing iron, now that was impressive and a pretty good defence against stones :lol:
Was it the French who put corrugated iron on their cars? - well at least the panels were corrugated.
Noobmuch

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Noobmuch »

freds dad wrote:I do like the look but would probably change the badges to the black and white carbon look ones. Also do they do inside the door jams?

I also think that the roof needs something doing to it as it looks old compared to the wrapped bodywork. Could you get a hard top and get it wrapped to complete the look?
I've got one of the Black badges for the bonnet but I think I'm gona leave the rest blue.
zopar wrote:
Noobmuch wrote:

Hmm!

Now you mention Carbon Fibre wrapping (not the plastic I had in mind). Now that looks decent and your pictures do not highlight the nice finish that can be achieved.

Someone mentioned what it would cost - don't ask would be the reply, the cost of Carbon Fibre cloth aint cheap.
I did say in the OP that the pictures were rushed and not ideal. I'll get some good pictures on here once it's completely finished.
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

zopar wrote:
mich wrote:I remember an Art Gallery that I went to 30 odd years ago where there was a 'Holden HQ' wrapped in roofing iron, now that was impressive and a pretty good defence against stones :lol:
Was it the French who put corrugated iron on their cars? - well at least the panels were corrugated.
I do remember it was a small car, a Citron 2CV maybe ?
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

Looks aggressive but you need to back it up with the right rims and a drop

Z3 1.9 | 17" ACS Style 2s refurbed in grey/silver | Debadged | New Rear Window | Retro fitted Fog lights | HID kit | Clarion slim sub | Clear side indicators | Colour coded handles | Halo Front lights | Hardtop | Winter 15" Style 27s on Vredestein Wintrax
Jays Zed

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Jays Zed »

So is wrapping a permenent thing? Or do you peel it off when your bored with it? What does it do to the paint underneath? Given that most of the car companies including BM are offerering a matt black paint finish I think it brings another lease of life to the Zed! Black Powder coated rims???? Personally I quite like the look but it's one of those marmite things! :lol: