Mobile alloy refurbishment

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
amyaxx

Z3 roadster 1.9

Mobile alloy refurbishment

Post by amyaxx »

Hi everyone had my alloy wheels refurbished today by Paul at http://www.pprapidalloyrefurbs.co.uk./ did a fantasitic job and would highly recommend

Amy
Lazzzydog

blank.gif

Post by Lazzzydog »

HI, how about some before and after pictures and how much you were charged to add a bit of substance to the reccomendation. :twisted:
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Mobile alloy refurbishment

Post by freds dad »

amyaxx wrote:Hi everyone had my alloy wheels refurbished today by Paul at http://www.pprapidalloyrefurbs.co.uk./ did a fantasitic job and would highly recommend

Amy
Is the url right?
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

freds dad wrote:Is the url right?
Try this one:
http://www.pprapidrefurbs.co.uk/
Image :devil:
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

amyaxx wrote:Hi everyone had my alloy wheels refurbished today by Paul at http://www.pprapidalloyrefurbs.co.uk./ did a fantasitic job and would highly recommend

Amy
do you think Amy lives with paul by any chance?
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Much the same as Wicked Wheels, then;

http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/

IMHO, whilst painting the wheels is quicker and a service that comes to you is more convenient than powder coating, I cannot imagine that the finish will be as durable, especially when it comes to replacing the tyres.

I understand that the lack of 'give' in the sidewalls of low profile tyres makes them hard to get on and off and I would be worried that the edges of the rims could get damaged.

I stand to be corrected, of course.

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Bill- wrote:

Amy

I think your spot on, and this just sounds like an advert, or we would be able to see the alloy wheels that were done.
I could be wrong, but this type of thing just means I would not use them on principle, a bit like salesmen coming to your front door, they are ruled out straight away.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

This is not an advert! I bought the hard top Amy was selling and did her wheels as part payement. My website is at www.pprapidrefurbs.co.uk

I've been a member since 2004 and certainly not here to advertise, as I really don't need to.

And whoever thought we were living together, I live in Northampton and she's in Preston! It'd have to be a very big house!
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

Hey man sorry :oops: if its not an advert Is she your mum then :evil:
TimG_Z3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by TimG_Z3 »

Hate to jump this thread... but I had my alloys refurbished by a man in a van, looked great.

Now a few months on the lacquer is peeling off in 2inch chunks!

So will be sending them soon to a place where they will be stripped and re-coated. More expensive but cheaper than what its costing me to have them done a second time :roll:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Painting is fine if done correctly, but I prefer powder coating.

It costs a bit more but is worth it imho.

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

I hate to dredge up an old thread and cover a subject that has been done to death before, but I speak as I find and am happy to give credit where it is due.

I contributed to this thread with some scepticism when it first appeared on the forum and finished by saying 'I stand to be corrected.'

One morning last week whilst driving home after a twelve hour night shift, I lost my concentration and clipped a kerb in my daily driver, scuffing one of my alloys. Remembering this thread, I contacted Paul at Rapid Alloy Refurbs with a view to getting a quote for repairing the damage. He arrived on time the following morning, looked at the wheel and gave me a price, to which I agreed.

He came back up last Friday morning and set about repairing the wheel. The results can be seen here;

The finish is excellent and the price was very competitive and overall I am very happy, so much so that I will get him back in the spring to paint the wheels on my wife's Crossfire.

Furthermore, I am happy to recommend him to other Forum members.

I must add that I am not married or related to Paul in any way and especially for Bill-, he is not my mum and I don't live with him. I have just received a great service from him and am prepared to say so!
Bill- wrote:

Amy
Bill- wrote:Hey man sorry :oops: if its not an advert Is she your mum then :evil:

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

Mouldy wrote:I hate to dredge up an old thread and cover a subject that has been done to death before, but I speak as I find and am happy to give credit where it is due.

I contributed to this thread with some scepticism when it first appeared on the forum and finished by saying 'I stand to be corrected.'

One morning last week whilst driving home after a twelve hour night shift, I lost my concentration and clipped a kerb in my daily driver, scuffing one of my alloys. Remembering this thread, I contacted Paul at Rapid Alloy Refurbs with a view to getting a quote for repairing the damage. He arrived on time the following morning, looked at the wheel and gave me a price, to which I agreed.

He came back up last Friday morning and set about repairing the wheel. The results can be seen here;

The finish is excellent and the price was very competitive and overall I am very happy, so much so that I will get him back in the spring to paint the wheels on my wife's Crossfire.

Furthermore, I am happy to recommend him to other Forum members.

I must add that I am not married or related to Paul in any way and especially for Bill-, he is not my mum and I don't live with him. I have just received a great service from him and am prepared to say so!
Bill- wrote:

Amy
Bill- wrote:Hey man sorry :oops: if its not an advert Is she your mum then :evil:
Thanks ever so much for your kind words, it was a pleasure doing businness with you.

As is now evident, I am no hawker and was never here to advertise my company. I do 90% of my work through referalls, the reason for this is plainly obvious.

Some of the comments posted here were laughable...you know who you are!

Over and out.
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

FOOL.
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

gookah wrote:
Bill- wrote:

Amy

I think your spot on, and this just sounds like an advert, or we would be able to see the alloy wheels that were done.
I could be wrong, but this type of thing just means I would not use them on principle, a bit like salesmen coming to your front door, they are ruled out straight away.
Nonsense.
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

TimG_Z3 wrote:Hate to jump this thread... but I had my alloys refurbished by a man in a van, looked great.

Now a few months on the lacquer is peeling off in 2inch chunks!

So will be sending them soon to a place where they will be stripped and re-coated. More expensive but cheaper than what its costing me to have them done a second time :roll:
You got done. I gurantee my work for 2 years. My laquer never fails because I use the best materials and system. My company is ISO registered...not an easy thing to get.
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

Badman gee wrote:Painting is fine if done correctly, but I prefer powder coating.

It costs a bit more but is worth it imho.

:D
Powder coating costs more but my wheels are always as good if not better. The most important part of the process is the laquering.