Request for someone with a Red Z3

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Request for someone with a Red Z3

Post by XVar »

Calling all members of the Red Z Club! (doesn't exist but clearly should!)

Could someone who owns a red Z3 with a red windscreen surround be able to take some photos from a few angles for me? The black tape on mine is peeling in a few places and I'd like to get an idea of what it'll look like with it removed, before doing it.
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

no close ups i'm affraid
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Here's one of my old zed;

Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

looking at your sig pic, I think it would look nice having it redone in black, do the wing mirrors and it will all tye in nicely with your door handles, will break up all that bright colour :D

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

I was thinking exactly that after looking at the photos people have posted above (thanks everyone by the way!). I think it does look good but I think having the top half of the car black as it is at the moment looks pretty good too. Not sure about having the wing mirrors black too, especially since I paid £60 not so long ago to get one resprayed lol. Also not sure how a glossy black surround would look compared to the standard matt black though?
noZyet

blank.gif

Post by noZyet »

NO NO NO gloss black would be just so WRONG - if you are going to redo the black it would have to satin at the very least maybe even Matt
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Presuming your roof is a black one, I would have the screen surround and wing mirrors (not their bases) in same paint finish as the body, it would look 8-) Red is a very bold colour and the ones i have seen are a bit much (to me) but having seen one black matched, it looked very stylish. I would change the side and bumper markers to smoked ones.

I had the roof and wing mirors sprayed black on my silver tt and i wish i had done it years ago. I still love the look and leaving the mirror bases the original body colour, it tyes in nicely to the body (obviously a coupe)

There are a few peeps on here who are a dab hand with photoshop or paintshop, im sure one of them will doctor a few photos of your car for you to see what it would be like.

Ehhh, you would think i was an expert on colours, only an opinion, hope you dont mind :D but as long as you like what you do, thats all that matters.

Having said all that, what colour are your wheels? or post a full photo of your car so we can see.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

seasurfer wrote:Ehhh, you would think i was an expert on colours
But you ARE an expert Gill :shock:
Especially purple :lol:
Image :devil:
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

noZyet wrote:NO NO NO gloss black would be just so WRONG - if you are going to redo the black it would have to satin at the very least maybe even Matt
You're probably right, just an idea :)
seasurfer wrote:Ehhh, you would think i was an expert on colours, only an opinion, hope you dont mind :D
Not at all! I'm completely open for suggestions, I'd like as many options as possible :D

There's photos of my car in my gallery thread HERE, if you scroll about half way down there's a few with the new (current) wheels. The red bases/black mirrors is an interesting idea, might have a bash in photoshop myself to see how it'd look.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Titan wrote:
seasurfer wrote:Ehhh, you would think i was an expert on colours
But you ARE an expert Gill :shock:
Especially purple :lol:

Thank you Mr T, Purple and Black all the way !

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Yes i remember seeing photos of your car, black wing mirrors would look really good :D

I know its not the zed, but here goes

maybe gives you an idea of the combination.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage