Clutch

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Wingcruizer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Clutch

Post by Wingcruizer »

Clutch is it hydraulic on a 2.8 ?? as i came up the hill here and it started slipping then went for reverse and it would not go in stopped the engine put into reverse then started it agin then the pedal was lighter with it slipping?? any help thanks .. Ian :)
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

Sounds like the clutch is on its way out. When it gets hot it will be stubborn to get into gear, if it needed bleeding you wouldnt have clutch slip so its not the fluid :?
Wingcruizer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wingcruizer »

:( well thats a good start bought it from Swindon and drove it back from there like a dream came up the hill here in the valleys and it started slipping or should I say reving up mmm well looks like a new clutch then before I can play with it :( any idea's of cost for a 2.8 and where some one takes care of the car as the bmw dealer down here I have had bad comments about them...
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

What you want to do is buy a quality clutch and take it to a good local reputable garage,not bmw, save you lots of labour costs and a clutch job will be easy for a good mechanic.
Wingcruizer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wingcruizer »

Yes i'll look at this tomorrow to find a good local garage near me to look after my new toy :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

See your other post ;)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Bill-

blank.gif

Post by Bill- »

:shock: